Friday, December 7, 2012

Cozy craft night turns silly photoshoot

Photobucket

On Saturday, I decided to take the night off. I just wasn't in the mood to socialize. I just wanted to drink tea, watch movies and craft. So, I lugged all of my craft supplies and my laptop into the bedroom and turned my bed into a craft station. I closed the door, burnt a pine scented candle, drank a cup of Stash Mango Passionfruit tea, put on Donnie Darko and hunkered down to work on a metric butt-tonne of crafting for today's craft fair. Halfway through this process, Ian, who was hanging out with his pal Maarty, came in to say hi. And, then, before I knew it, the photographer in him kicked in and he was running for my camera. Something about the way everything was sprawled across the bed called to him.

Photobucket

But, Maarty wasn't satisfied with my outfit or props, so he started collecting the most ridiculous things in our house to add to the photo. It started with Ian's zombie lawn gnome. Next it was Ian' flute. Then it was the taxidermic fish Ian painted. And then it was the helmet Ian wears when he bikes. And finally, it was Ian's snorkel. (Notice that all of the ridiculous things in the house belong to Ian and not me. How boring am I!?)

So, anyway, here for you are some of the most ridiculous and fun photos to ever grace my blog. Ah! Who am I kidding? There are ridiculous pictures here all the time. But, these are pretty great! I hope you love them as much as I do!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do ridiculous, spontaneous photoshoots ever happen in your life, or am I all alone on this one?

10 comments:

  1. Hah! The last one is my favourite. :)

    I tend to take ridiculous pictures of Matt. He doesn't seem to mind, and he's always doing ridiculous things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is just beyond wonderful! And that photo with the snorkel and fish beyond wonderful! And I love that you craft in bed too! It is seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could hang out in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, these are awesome! you're such a goofbal; hope you have an amazing time at your craft fair today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwaha! These made me laugh out loud, too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are spectacularly hilarious! And the best!!

    Good luck at your craft fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha I love this! You are too funny. And at the risk of sounding like a Creepo McCreep, I think we'd be friends in real life. Have I said that before? Am I awkward?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHA this is terrific. I know I always wear my snorkel mask while crafting on my bed! It helps me see what I am doing better! :) Happy Friday to you!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are FANTASTIC! I do this with my boyfriend all the time. We have a few dozen photos of us posing with our Law and Order DVDs, drunk. I framed one because I thought it was so awesome.
    Yo guys looks like you have a blast together, which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. You are so hilarious! Just love you. :)

    ReplyDelete