Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fort Dual Indomitable

When life starts shitting on your parade and you're feeling down and out, build a fort, get inside, watch a movie, drink a beer and chill out for awhile. I swear, you'll feel better for it. You see, I know this from experience. I was a bummed out mess of grump on Monday until Ian and I built Fort Dual Indomitable, the greatest and strongest fort known to man. With a couple of blankets and some turned over furniture, we turned our six person living room into a cozy little spot for two. We crawled in, drank a few beers, watched Terminator 2 and laughed our faces off... oh, and we took a few silly photos. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We're full of psycho-style, creeptastic smiles in this here fort – just like Arnie in Terminator 2. Remember that? When he attempts his first smile. He looks like a total creeper.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Beer time! And it's just an arms-length away, sitting in a wee ice bucket. That's right, we thought of EVERYTHING... including a shovel.


When was the last time you built a fort?

17 comments:

  1. BAHA! Too fun - indoor camping is awesome! Tho the tents I build are for my daughter usually! They're always a blast!
    You guys are creeptastic for sure ;o)
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks SO FUN!!! and your smiles are awesomely creepy, i love it. I think i'll go build a fort today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck yes! My bestie Kim and I call on the power of the fort whenever one of us gets stuck in a rut of unhappiness :-) Glad it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is one of my favorite things. EVER

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember the last time I built a fort! I miss doing that so much! Love it! :) So glad it brought a smile to your face! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. haven't built a fort and years... but a couple of weekends ago my bf and I crawled under the dinning room table for half an hour, it was fort like... I wrote fort K&S on the underside of it inside a heart...only it looked like fart K&S.... so really we played in a fart.

    Love your blanket fort tho! ever watch community, they do forts right on that show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you threw the blog hop and I just have to say, LOVE that Blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I absolutely love forts! My boyfriend could care less about them, but if I make one and put food in it he is willing to crawl in ;) My favorite is watching LOST in a bed fort. I will need to try a beer-fort next time, that has got to be even better! You guys are adorable
    xo
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you how many times I've begged Rob to make a fort with me but he just has no interest, haha! I would love to do this though. You guys are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pretty awesome! I really love that you took a night to be goofy, and crazy, and just relax. I want to build a fort now. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness could you guys be anymore amazing?! Making blanket forts is one of my favorite things to do, it seriously makes every activity a thousand times better!

    Sorry things have been bumming you out recently, let me know if I need to give life a talking too. Hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha the fort is cute! used to do this all the time with my nana's sofa pillows when I was young…a very nostalgic post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forts are AWESOME! From the look of yours, you guys are professionals! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this sounds super fun, though I'm not sure Mike would go for it, but I think I'll try to convince him it's an amazing idea. because it is. hope you got your grumpy pants taken care of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered your blog and this post alone has secured you a new follower. Brilliant stuff!

    ReplyDelete