Thursday, December 6, 2012

LOTM: mountain craft

Photobucket
It's Ladies of the Mountain time and today we're talking crafts. I have to say, I love this prompt because I have been doing nothing but crafting lately. No joke, it's consumed my life. Between crafting for Christmas and for a craft fair tomorrow night, my hands have been tied to my crochet hook and my needle and thread... oh! and some paint. (I'll tell you more about that another day.)

What have I been so diligently making, you ask? Well, I've been crocheting something every mountain maven needs while out exploring during the cold winter months: wool headbands.

Photobucket

I started making these guys last winter and I've worn mine to death. They're perfect if you just need to run to work and you don't want to mess up your hair, or if you go on an outdoor adventure and you want to keep your ears warm while out in the cold. If you're a crocheter or a knitter, you know just how easy a headband is. I usually do 14 stitches wide, but I do make them in smaller and larger varieties as well. Once you pick your width, it's just straight lines until the band is long enough to stretch around your head. When I reach that point, I just crochet the two ends together, weave the tails in and I'm done. Well, aside from the flower, which is just my little way of fancying things up!

Photobucket

I've made about a dozen of these to sell at tomorrow's craft fair. My fingers are crossed that people like them as much as I do. If not, well, I guess everyone knows what they're getting from Santa this year!

Photobucket

Have you been crafting for Christmas? If yes, tell me, what have you been making? I could use some more ideas. I'm running low and I have many more gifts to make. Help a sister out.

Photobucket

Don't forget to check out how the other LOTM have been putting their little elf fingers to use:
Gentri of Gentri Lee
Lena of Musings
Michelle of On The Adventure
Meagan of The Egg Out West
Kelley of A Crooked Trail
And, this month's guest blogger, Hannah of The Braided Bandit

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have bunch of these (none of which I made) and they definitely save my ears and hair in the winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I am loving the little flecks of color in the wool.! How wish I knew how to crochet! Good luck at your craft fair tomorrow, I think these will fly off the table! :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Doesn't it feel so good to be crafty and just effing make something once in a while?! :) You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh crack. went and deleted my comment.

    it was awesome.

    you're awesome.

    that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that flecked red/wine wool!
    Love your happy face!!
    Wishing you many creative minions to help you finish up! Now, you know what I've been crafting/blogging/crafting... lol. I will post pic of the show too.. you better do the same ;o)
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can vouch as this little lady made one of these for me and it's awesome! good luck at your craft show - looks like a lot of us will be selling crafty good this coming weekend!

    as for me - ive been working on two GIGANTIC blankets - one i made for my mother-in-law and one for my sister-in-law/brother-in law (kevin's oldest brother and his wife - who are super cool people, she is an artist and we always craft together when we get to see each other- just wished we lived closer - they are still back out near Boston). i'm also going to be making pot holders and some wreaths like these: http://thompsonfamily.typepad.com/thompson_familylife/2012/12/diys-crafts-of-christmas-past.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DanielleThompson+%28DanielleThompson%29 to go along with gift baskets for certain family members. alot of stuff i probably wont post until after christmas because i dont want anyone to see their gifts! especially the blankets.

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! I need to whip up some headbands for quick christmas presents haha. Good luck selling at the fair!

    ReplyDelete