Monday, December 31, 2012

No pressure goals for 2013

PhotobucketWell folks, tomorrow's the big day. The new beginning we so desperately desire after the holiday season. The start of a fresh calendar. The time when everyone turns their attention to their weight and their career goals and ambitions and make lofty goals. But, I have to wonder, how many of us see our New Year's resolutions through to the end? I can tell you, the goals I make at this time of year are NEVER fulfilled. It's a funny thing, really. I mean, I'm a goal setter and achiever. It's what I do. I love lists. I love crossing things off those lists and I love the sense of accomplishment when every single item is crossed off said list. But, for some reason, when it comes to New Year's resolutions, I fail. In fact, I almost always fail miserably! And, somehow, unlike all other goals I make in life, I don't care that I failed when it's a New Year's resolution. So, I decided this year, rather than making a list of weight loss goals and career goals, I'd throw together a fun list of activities that I can fairly easily accomplish in 2013. And, if I don't accomplish them, well, who cares!

Photobucket

Do you make New Year's resolutions, either fun or real? What's on your to-do list this year?

12 comments:

  1. Love these!!! I tried to take it easy on myself this year but yours are full blown fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem... UTAAAH!! I am here!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your resolutions they are actually reasonable unlike most people. Just like you I HOPE to be the driver for when I visit Alaska (scenic route) praying on getting my license soon! Happy New Years Nicole!!!

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these sound amazing! I am totally for no pressure, fun goals. I'm posting mine tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vancouver, BC eh? That's where I aaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. come check my list out - it will be published tonight at midnight. we are too much alike haha

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you do no pressure goals! I often find myself making crazy lofty goals and then not accomplishing them all and just feeling horrible about myself. But this year I am taking a page out of your playbook, and make ones with no pressure!

    Hope you guys have a great New Year's Eve!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Real resolution: Eat more veggies. Fun resolution: Watch "The X-Files"! :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't do new years resolutions, because I do birthday ones in Feb instead. Today I wrote a post looking into how many new years resolutions actually get completed tho. Wishing you the best in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great twist on resolutions! I might have to squeeze in a few fun ones just to help me get through the "real ones"!

    xoxo,
    Nat
    modernbuttercup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the blog hop. I love your youthful adventurous spirit, almost makes me want to conquer a black diamond run (seeing how I can barely manage green runs this would be a feat). I think I'm your newest follower.
    www.cheermamadrama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope you get to achieve all these hun!

    Happy New Year!

    xx

    ReplyDelete