Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Up goes my baby tree

Photobucket

I finally have a Christmas tree! Finally! I'm so excited. I went out with my pals Maarty and Sarah and cut this adorable wee little guy down on Saturday. And when I got home from our tree cutting/shopping adventure, I was so excited to get my tree up and decorated that I literally left bags and bags of groceries unpacked and sprawled all over the hallway, while I got my tree in a vase (his tree stand).

All of my decorations were made by me in the last couple of weeks. I made it my mission to make each and every one of them. The only things that aren't handmade are the chocolate bells and the garland... and the lights of course. I'm really happy with how my handmade creations transformed a regular old baby tree into a totally festive, adorable Christmas tree.

Photobucket

With the lights on in my living room and the Christmas cards and gifts surrounding my little tree, I'm finally starting to feel festive. I can't believe that Christmas is only six days away!! All I have left to do is wrap my gift exchange present and bake some delicious goodies, and then it's party time. I can't wait to drink hot chocolate and Baileys, eat turkey and enjoy the company of my pals.

I hope my tree and my new-found Christmas spirit will be enough to make each of them find their own while they're away from their families this year.

Happy last minute shopping and wrapping everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Very cute little tree :)

    - Jeanna
    http://barnyardchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mini tree died because I utterly failed to water it for a few days -- they aren't as lenient as big trees, I guess. Yours is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your adorable little tree!! and i LOVE your ornaments! so cute. I attempted the gingerbread man sand paper craftiness last night but they did not turn out as cute as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is just the cutest! I love all your ornaments. So festive, and they all have such personality to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome tree! I'm glad you found your Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this, THIS would make Charlie Brown proud!! Love it ~ especially all that handmade lovin' you poured into it... way to go! I spy some 'tweet' things too... tee hee.
    Wish I could come enjoy some Baileys with you cool cats. In spirit (spirits? lol) we will!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute tree! You did a great job on the ornaments. :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute tree! I said the same thing, once our tree was up and trimmed and the lights on every night now, I am finally getting into the Christmas groove! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little tree is too cute! I am not having a tree this year and I miss it so much! Your ornaments are adorable, so cool that they're all handmade :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE! Yes. All caps are required. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that tree is amazing! im envious!

    xoxo
    t
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is adorable, the decorations are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is absolutely adorable! And I really love how you put all the Christmas cards you have gotten around the base, that is such a great way to show them all off! So happy you have found some fun holiday spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, this might be the most adorable Christmas tree I've ever seen. It's just so little and I love it. Hooray for Christmas cheer! :)

    ReplyDelete