Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend escapades

I had a super productive, fun weekend. It actually felt like a long weekend because I packed so much in. Friday night started with a craft fair where I was selling my wool headbands and flower pins. The event was at my friend Lynn's coffee shop, Coco's Cafe. (If you ever find yourself in Jasper, try her green tea chai apple latte. Oh my gosh is it ever good!). The sale was awesome. It was super relaxed. There were seven lovely ladies (including myself) selling our wares, and from what I gathered, everyone did really well. I sold all but one of my headbands and I sold a few pins. I chalk that up as a huge win!

Photobucket
Photobucket
After drinking wine and mingling with crafty ladies, I ran off to a Christmas party and met up with two of my favourite girls for more wine drinking and even a little dancing.
  Photobucket
On Saturday, I woke up, ran some errands and then trudged out into the snow to take my Christmas card photo amongst a bunch of aspen trees near Pyramid Lake. It was so gorgeous out. The sun was shining, the snow was sparkling, the sky was blue. It was brilliant... albeit cold. By the time I finished up, my toes felt a teeny bit frozen. (I literally went straight home and curled up with a hot wheat bag!)

Photobucket
Photobucket Once my Christmas photo was edited and ready to go, I printed 30 copies and rushed home to write them. It took a few hours, but I managed to get them ALL done. Then, I spent the rest of the evening crafting ornaments for my non-existent tree (I hope to cut one down next weekend!). I've made it my mission to make all of my own ornaments, so I've been crafting up a storm. (If you were here yesterday, you would have had a glimpse at a few of my salt dough ornaments.)
 
Photobucket

Photobucket
Sunday afternoon was spent out in the wilderness. I went on the Maligne Canyon Ice Walk for pleasure and for work. I'm writing a story about my adventure for Vue next week. It was a pretty amazing experience seeing all of the waterfalls frozen into layers and layers of thick icicles. It's still pretty early in the season, so it wasn't safe to be right in the canyon yet. But, it was still a gorgeous day to be out tromping around in the snow and on the ice.
  Photobucket
Photobucket

The weekend was rounded out with Ian's work Christmas party, for which I got to get all dressed up. All in all, it was a solid weekend. I got to do a little bit of everything I love; photography, crafting, wine drinking, wilderness walking, tea drinking, dancing, laughing and socializing. Oh! And, I also got to eat a ton of delicious food. Life is good, guys. So, so good.

How was your weekend? Get up to anything fun?

14 comments:

  1. Woooooooo, so much fun packed in there! Glad you had a blast!! I'm tired out just reading it.. lol.
    A fun, full one had here too.. yeah for crafty christmas cheer!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest
    (Did you get the MAIL yet?? What the what...!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing yet. I bet it will be here today!

      Delete
  2. Grean tea chai apple latte? Sound amazing!

    The canyon looks so beautiful frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend! You and your friends are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of fun to pack into one weekend. So happy to hear that your sales went well!
    That walk sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I'm so excited to go on the Maligne Canyon Ice Walk! Beautiful in the summer, can't wait to see it in the winter. I remember though seeing a waterfall still frozen in the middle of winter.

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you did great at the craft fair! I wish we had more around here. They are often really high end and expensive, where people come from across the country to go? They feel almost manufactured. Yours sounds awesome though!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ice canyon is gorgeous! I sent out a handful of cards but I still have about 40 to finish up and I know next year we'll have even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those last photos are amzing! I want to go! And, that is super awesome that you sold almost everything!! Yay for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems you did a really good job getting into the Christmas spirit.... Like, a REALLY good job! I need to step it up (after finals of course)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a packed weekend! Seriously, you did so many awesome things in only a couple days! So happy your sale went well and that latte sounds delish. That ice walk looks so freaking beautiful. You live in a magical land, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! The ice canyon is so pretty! Super jealous. I'm surrounded by cacti...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to be in that canyon right this second or I'll explode.

    ReplyDelete