Thursday, December 13, 2012

What to Wear: on a road trip

Photobucket

If you ask me, road trips call for the comfiest of clothes. Depending on the length of the trip, that can be anything from cozy old jeans to PJ pants. While planning this outfit, I was thinking about what I would wear on a trip to Kelowna to visit my sister. That's about a seven-hour drive, so it's long enough that you want to be in breathable, moveable clothes, but not quite long enough to justify sleepwear.

So, I went for an infinity scarf, a long sleeved top, an oversized cozy sweater, jeans, wrist warmers and my new boots, which are basically just glorified slippers. Since it's winter around these parts, I would also bring my ski jacket, a pair of good gloves, a toque, and my snow pants along, just in case Waldo breaks down and I end up out in the cold trying to bring him back to life. You don't want to be caught unprepared, after all. Frostbite and hypothermia aren't hard to come by if you're not dressed for the elements. (Just a friendly reminder for all of you driving home for Christmas!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These wrist warmers are the BEST for driving. They keep your hands warm and you still have the use of your fingers! Brilliant. Plus, they're just super-duper cute. Amiright!?

Well friends, that's all from me today. Don't forget to check out what the other What to Wearers put together for today's post. You can find them all at their respective blogs:

Katherine: thinkin' outloud
Lisa: lala faux bois

Be sure to check back with all of us on Dec. 27 when we show you what we wore on Christmas morning. (I already have my outfit all planned out. Hello snowflake tights. That's right, I'm looking at you!)


Are you driving home for Christmas this year? What are you wearing for the ride? Don't forget those extra layers! Better safe than sorry, my friends.

12 comments:

  1. Aww! This is the perfect roadtrip outfit! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good roadtrip outfit, and kudos to you for preparing for the worst in this winter weather! My dad is a safety nut and is always reminding us to have winter wear in the car just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous roadtrip outfit! Love the color of your cute wrist warmers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those wrist warmers, they are so cute! You look so cozy and cute and your scenery is beautiful! Good call on the winter road trip safety, driving in the elements is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, as per usual. All those knitted things in one outfit! LOVE IT!!

    Your posts are always the best. And you even offered some helpful safety tips this time. Show off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pull off green like no one's business!! I'm also so jealous of your snowy backdrops. Send some my way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect road trip outfit! I love the cozy cardigan and infinity scarf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wrist warmers look like lifesavers, I want them now! And I would definitely wear the exact same thing. I wish we had snow too by the way, so beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder! I'm looking forward to bundling up when I go home where there is actually snow!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, you look super cozy and stylish. Love your wirstwarmers!! I'm always looking for the perfect pair at craft shows and stuff, but haven't found one yet. Like the pic in your car! I was a bit too lazy for that, haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!! And thanks for the tip! People tend to forget about things like that when road tripping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I love wrist warmers for driving too! I do go for the tights and jersey dress/skirt option over jeans though - nothing like looking cute but feeling like you're in jammies!

    ReplyDelete