Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cozies for my feet

 photo DSC_0088_zps7e173708.jpg Guys, I am over the moon! I made slippers. I never in my whole life thought I was capable of such a thing and yet, I did it! They're not perfect. In fact, they're not even EXACTLY the same, but I love them anyway. And, I will always love them because they are my first pair. I can make 100 more and I'm sure these will remain my go-to feet cozies.

 photo DSC_0084_zps8e0076d9.jpg

To make them, I used the January Crochet Along pattern on The Curious Pug. If you're thinking about making a pair of your own, I definitely recommend you check out the same pattern. There were tons of photos, so it was really easy to follow along.

 photo DSC_0093_zps250830cc.jpg

These slippers were a great reprieve from all of the toque-making I've been doing. At last count I had made a dozen! I've promised a couple pairs of slippers to friends, as well, so I'm going to have to figure out how to make them in different sizes. (I know. I know. Add more rows. But, how do you know what's a size 7 and what's a size 9!?)

What have you been crafting lately? Are you participating in the Crochet Along?

22 comments:

  1. Very cool! They look so soft and comfortable! I'm very impressed with your crocheting dedication. I've known how to crochet and knit for years, and I'm halfway through a queen sized blanket, but apart from scarves I've never really done anything with the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! But I am SO not a slipper person! I can't wait for my toque....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, you did it! I love the button addition, varrry cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, I want those! You did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those came out so great! I really love the color too! I've got to figure out how to make some for myself, because my toes are constantly in need of some warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! These are lovely, I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour! We also participated, but haven't put up our post quite yet! I have tried making slippers for others as well, and it has been kind of hit and miss on the size! They always stretch, so you don't want to go too big, but too small is no good either! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, they look like they've turned out really well! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If only I could be so talented! These are amazing! If they come in size 10.5, I will take them in every color, please and thank you. No, but for real, this is amazing and I am really proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. can somebody crochet me a beard?
    mmmk thanks

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay they came out awesome! i'm a size 6..just sayin hahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so impressed! I went sewing machine shopping yesterday so there will be lots of crafting going on soon I hope :) Wish I could crochet though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so cute! I'm not a knitter by any means lol but just from selling shoes that inches tell the size of a shoe. Here's a link for ya, maybe it helps! http://www.ehow.com/way_5183370_inches-shoe-size-conversion.html

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are the cutest slippers I've ever seen! They came out really great for your first pair. You're such a natural ;)

    xo, Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did an awesome job! they look so comfy. thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I've been wanting to give some a shot! Thanks for the link, I can't wait to try!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with you the pattern is very easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your socks look very cosy in that chunky wool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I made green ones too!!! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nicole! Your slippers turned out super cute, too!!! I love your green buttons. :) Making slippers for other people is tricky; I've used the ehow link posted above too!! Depending on how much they stretch, I tend to make mine a shoe size (in inches) shorter than the person's foot... Then they stretch out to fit! Good luck, can't wait to see more of your stuff!!

    & thanks for the compliments! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice slippers - like the green buttons :-)
    I took part too, but have only just gotten round to finishing them and posting mine up.

    ReplyDelete