Wednesday, January 2, 2013

On the mend

Lemon and honey tea: my saviour
Ian and I have been sick for days. Days, I tell you! So, this week, I am ever so thankful to report that I am finally on the mend. I had to sacrifice an entire weekend and all intended New Year's Eve festivities to get to this point, but who cares, I'm almost healthy and by golly that makes me some kind of happy. No longer will I be a snot nosed, mouthbreather. No! My sinuses are (very nearly) functioning and ready for action. That's right. My nostrils are flaring. My nose is inhaling (just barely). And the sneezing has stopped (well, for the moment).

I'm back in the game, baby!

That means leaving the couch for more than a trip to the fridge, sleeping without the help of Buckleys, forgetting the tissues in the bathroom and eating real candies instead of cough drops.

Life is good, friends. Life is good. (Or it will be in a day or two. Either way, happiness is on its way.)

Did you get hit by a holiday cold this year?

10 comments:

  1. Yay for getting better!

    I, thankfully, haven't been hit by anything in a while! The flu and chest cold have gone through my work and I'm basically the only one it hasn't touched. Don't know why, but no complaints!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better! I woke up stuffy and sinus-y today -- we spent a huge chunk of yesterday out in the cold which I suspect is part of the problem. :) Here's to medicine and Vitamin C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you were/are sick over new years!! Being sick on holidays is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I liked the pic though - simple but eye-catching. For my husband Shawn and I, getting sick either right before, during, or directly after Christmas is like a tradition. Ugh. Sick sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No holiday cold here. Last year I was sick ON Christmas and it ruined all of my new years plans and everything! SO SO glad you are well on your way to feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sick to, always on holidays! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over the holidays Edmonton was hit with the stomach flu...bad. Thankfully I was out of the country! HA! I don't get sick. Not really bad, anyway. Some sniffles and maybe a cough, and that's about that. Dude has had a runny nose for what seems like forever, but he's a kid so I expect this to last at least until he's 12! I'm glad you're getting better. I think all that fort-time has something to do with it! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my annual holiday snuffles last week and they're still not quite gone. Darn you, holiday snuffles! Darn you!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you have been under the weather, but I am happy to hear that you guys are on the mend! Wishing you a super speedy full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh sucky..but glad to hear you are feeling better

    xx
    trisha

    ReplyDelete