Friday, January 25, 2013

Recent adventures

 photo DSC_0001_zps8ef202bc.jpg
Jasper is bumping in January. Like, no joke, there is an event every night for the last two weeks of the month. (It can be downright exhausting!) So, I've been picking and choosing the best of the best to attend, ensuring that I still have a wee bit of me-time alongside all of the fun-filled outings. So far I've been to Winterstruck — an event on Pyramid Lake, with ice skating, dog sledding, bannock-making, snowshoe races, and a bunch of other fun winter activities.

 photo DSC_0061_zps07c9ff2e.jpg

I've also been to the Loud and Proud party to see a couple of gorgeous drag queens from Edmonton; to the W.I.N.E. (Women in Need of Entertainment) Affair; the Chili Cookoff; the ATCO Street Party and the Millstreet Brewery beer and cheese night.

 photo DSC_0085_zps81eeabf3.jpg

It's been a busy couple of weeks! And, although it's been fun, I'm kind of thankful this weekend marks the end of the Jasper in January festival. I'm worn out already. So worn out, in fact, that I'm bringing my friends to me. Tonight they're all piling into my apartment for a potluck dinner. I'm so excited to fill my home with delicious food and the people I love. Bring on the beer, the cheese and the laughs!

What's on the agenda for this weekend? Doing anything fun?

13 comments:

  1. I fell in love with your blog header and 'about me' - you beautiful gypsy you! I love this whole plan - writing for a living while exploring. Someday I want to go back to Canada longer than two hours in the airport (which I do two or three times a year since moving to Denmark, on my way home to visit family in GA). I loved Waterloo while I was there - simply beautiful. Considered moving there instead of Dk.

    I can't wait to find out more about your adventures!!

    Ladaisi Blog
    Ladaisi Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast (but exhausting!) I love having a packed schedule but also need me time as well :) It looks like a winter wonderland- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post KILLED me. I miss Jasper In January SO MUCH! Winterstruck? Love. I think it's cool that you manage to get out and about so much and still have me-time. I need to work on that. Balance is not my forte. I plan on getting the toque you made me in the mail tonight, then going ice skating at the outdoor rink around the corner from Robson's. And then, who knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! January is DEAD here (and freezing). I have barely anything to do at work, even.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful night! I know what you mean: in August there is a festival in Edinburgh for a month and as fun as it is, it does get exhausting. I'm working all weekend but I'm hoping it will be fun and busy in the pub where I work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Cayla is always talking about how she wants to go dog sledding. One of these days I need to surprise her with that! Was it so much fun? We've never done it! Sounds like you've been a busy, busy bee! This weekend, not too much planned except for round 2 of wedding dress shopping. Keep those fingers crossed for me, love! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Love the photos!

    Have a lovely weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if I can continue reading your blog....you're make me so jealous! ;)

    This looks amazing!

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're making me regret being a hermit during our first snowfall of the year! Looks like you've been some amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been freaking busy chick. I can't say I feel too sorry for you haha! I want to go dog sledding so bad. Just another reason to come to Jasper next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you're super busy! lucky lady. lots of good parties!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this looks like it was totally fun! I'm so jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- that event on the lake sounds/looks so fun! I love that your city is hopping during January instead of letting the winter blues set in!

    ReplyDelete