Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Value Village finds

Photobucket Something you-all might not know about me is that I used to work at Value Village. In fact, I made my living as a VV Boutique cashier for two years during my undergrad. In some ways, it was an awesome job. In others, it was terrible. (Let's not even talk about the hell it was on 50 per cent off day!) The best part of the job was definitely the employee discount. I know what you're thinking, "It's Value Village! Why would you possibly need a discount?" Well, let me tell you, when you're making $9/hour and you're trying to live and pay for books and things for school, you need the discount. That discount allowed me to furnish my home, stock my cupboards with dishes and, most importantly, it filled my walk-in closet.

I have never owned as many clothes as when I was working for VV. I honestly couldn't fit another item in my closet at one point—it was nothing short of glorious! Nowadays, my closet is full, but not that full. It did get a boost after my Edmonton trip, though. You see, Edmonton is the closest city with a VV, so every time I visit, I make a point of thrifting. My last two visits to the city, I've gone with my pal Lisa, and both times, I walked away with a huge haul, as you can clearly see from the above pile of goodies.

Anyway, all of this is to say, "Hey! Check out all of my new clothes and accessories..."

Photobucket
All of the new merchandise was 50% off, so I got these tights for $2.50 each!!

Photobucket
This guy was brand new. It literally had the tags still on. SCORE!

Photobucket
This was another new item. After the discount it was $3.99.

Photobucket
I am in mad love with both of these cozy sweaters. They couldn't be cuter.


Now, if I'm being honest, those aren't even all of those clothes I brought home. There's still another sweater, a pair of green skinny jeans, a shirt and two pairs of fleece-lined tights. Not bad, eh!? When you factor in the 10 books I bought, I spent $90. *Swoon* There's no place like Value Village. I mean, seriously, how rad is that lighthouse sweater? Someone made that with so much love and care. I wore it on Friday and spent the whole day feeling uber cozy. (By the way, there's a sailboat on the back!!)

Have you had any amazing thrift finds lately?

13 comments:

  1. Way awesome finds! I can't wait to see a photo of you wearing that amazing lighthouse sweater--it looks so gloriously cute and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sweaters!!!
    they're so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I NOT KNOW that you worked at VV?! This post makes me want to go. Really badly. As if you got all of those awesome, colourful tights BRAND NEW. And that belt? LOVE IT! This has inspired me to give my closet a makeover. I feel like a VV spree is in order soon. When my budget will allow at least thrifting. Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I want those tights! I've been wanting colored tights for ages, the last time I bought some both pair ended up ripping (stupid target tights).

    ReplyDelete
  5. score!! I always love looking at all those colourful tights there! We have a nice big one in town here too.. totally where we go for any 'fun outing/date' with my guy. lol. Love that belt too.. I'll await your future outfit post where I'm sure you'll be rockin it.
    You're the cutest.
    the end.
    mel ;o)
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lighthouse sweater, too cute!!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love good days at the thrift store. Makes me feel so satisfied!
    You did really good at $90 for all those things.
    I'm a lover of all tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT LIGHTHOUSE SWEATER. I AM SO JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove Value Village. It's damn near impossible for me to go in there and not come out with a big bag full of stuff. And there's always so many things that still have the tags on! Love it when the original tags say something like 50-60$ and they're all NOPE, 5 BUCKS. Best store of ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have the maroon tights from VV!! So shitty that the closest real VV is 3 hours away from Jasper! But great finds you found!

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work, friend. I love that you got so much stuff! I went thrifting last night for the first time in weeks (which is unheard of for me!), and I found a shirt-waist dress for the shop, two sweaters for me, some vintage wedding decorations, and a jumper for $25. I was pretty proud of myself. I will do a post soon with my recent finds! :) Love my thrifty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to a vintage shop over the weekend and bought a beautiful vintage tutu! Yayayayaya! VV Boutique has awesome stuff. :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete