Thursday, January 10, 2013

What to Wear: stripes

Photobucket
This, my friends, is how you rock a stripe like a boss! Or, as Ian requested as he took the photo, this is my Conan the Barbarian stance. Intimidating, right!? Ha.

Photobucket



Now, this necklace. Let me tell you about this AH. MAY. ZING. new necklace of mine. Ian gave it to me the night of our Christmas dinner, right before I changed into my new onesie for a lap around the party. Yeah. That happened. Anyway, the necklace. Not only is it the cutest thing ever, it was made with lasers!!! Lasers, people. Lasers and cute smiling faces! Could it be more perfect?

Photobucket

Anyway, back to the stripes. By now, it should be clear that I'm not one to follow the "no stripes for girls who aren't stick thin" rule. Nah. I'm a lover of the stripe, especially on tops. In fact, when I was thinking about what to wear for this post, I realized that all of my eight striped shirts and three of my five striped cardigans have made it on the blog already in some shape or form. So, for this outfit, I had to do a remix of a shirt you've already seen. (If you'll recall, this is the top I wore in my spontaneous and slightly ridiculous photoshoot with Ian's snorkel and trophy fish.)

Don't forget to check out how the other What to Wearers striped it up this week. You can find them all at their respective blogs.

Sondra: Abhaya Yoga

Tell me, how do you feel about a stripe? Do you sport them?

UPDATE: Sorry for not including my outfit details earlier. I honestly didn't know where Ian found the necklace, so I left that business out. I have asked him, though, and he said he just went to Etsy and typed in octopus. So, I did the same and I found the shop. It's called Graphic Spaces. Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Hah! Love these photos. But man, I wish I could have seen you do a lap in a onesie. :) I really love that cardigan, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mittens are stripey too!! Yay! And you look so cute, as per usual. Love that cardigan. I saw a Conan the Barbarian book at VV the other night. If I had known about this pose/post I would have picked it up for you! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Conan pose- I mean, you really rock stripes like a boss :) Your mittens and necklace are so cute and I love your color combo! Lovely stripes outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is so awesome! Lasers make everything better :-) I like your subtle stripe blending there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stripes too. I wear everything I like, I'm not afraid of the fashion police! (I can't believe people say such things... 'fashion police') Anyway. Maybe you can post outfit details? I would love to know where the necklace came from :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That necklace is awesome! I am a tiny bit afraid of stripes (good ol' newlywed weight) but I'm working on being braver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit - wonderful colors and those mittens are gorgeous! Did you make them? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always love great stripes. You suit 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these striped posts you gals are too cute! I love the primary colors here and your gloves are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your necklace is super awesome. Way to rock those stripes, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing octopus! It makes your bright stripes into something really different. Now I'm just wondering if what I made for you for 'craft it forward' is right... will have to double check before sending!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how all of your colors tie in perfectly together, and that necklace is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos, love the colorful/nautical vibes - and those mittens!!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete