Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crafty snail mail

My craft it forward parcel from Suki at the Owl Club arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more excited. As you can tell from her blog name, Suki is a lover of owls, so it only makes sense that she made me an adorable stuffed owl pin.


When I opened up the envelope and saw this little guy, I immediately took him out of the green baggie and put him on my jacket. I love his fabric belly and sequin eyes! And, with him there is also a cute fabric button with similar colours, so I think I'll put that on my jacket, as well.


Suki also added some extra personal touches. There is a vintage six of diamonds from a deck of cards, a vintage postcard and some fancy patterned rectangular stickers. This was such a fun parcel to receive, and Craft it Forward was such an awesome idea. I really enjoyed putting together my five packages for the ladies who commented on my post last month, and I'm happy to report that each and every one of them has received their handmade goodie.

So, that means, I can tell you what I sent!


After I sent out my parcels, I also sent out an email asking that the winning ladies take photos of themselves "using" their handmade surprise. So, in return, I received a few photos of the ladies wearing the toques I made! I have to say, it was really exciting to see them on someone else. I have been making toque after toque after toque and I've been the only one modeling them, so it's neat to see them with a different face and hairstyle poking out. I also really enjoyed bringing joy to a few of my online pals.

Did you participate in Craft it Forward 2013? If not, and you're dying to send out some handmade goodness, let me know! I'd love to do a package swap.

7 comments:

  1. How sweet!

    Blogger snail mail is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you like the little pins and enjoyed receiving the package! Your toques are beautiful and it's lovely to see the recipients wearing them too. Thanks for taking part. Craft it Forward has been brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa! that is a great package. real mail of any kind is always lovely!
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun!! I really really love those patterned stickers you go. And it looks like the girls are really enjoying their hats :) I'd love to hear more about the next Craft it Forward if there is one!!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nicole! I'd love to co-host a package swap or even just swap packages beween you and I if you are interested. I'm so bummed to have missed out on Craft it Forward~ I love snail mailing!
    Hit me on tremblingstarz {at} gmail {dot} com if you're interested ^.^~x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much again for the absolutely beautiful, cozy warm toque! I am still planning my own Craft it Forward surprise in a few weeks! (I have bought the supplies, I just want to wait until I can post it and have a relatively short turn around time.) Thanks for spreading so much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so crafty.I am sure the fabric exchange has so many choices of fabric for this kind of project.

    ReplyDelete