Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Life: four through seven

 photo DSC_0043_zps2aab1115.jpg

What up, folks? I'm back again with some PL spreads. I must admit, I'm not totally sold on week four. I think it could use some tweaking, but for the moment, this is what I'm rocking. The chevron print card on the top left was my birthday card from Lisa back in October. I had it sitting on my craft table since then and thought, rather than having it lying around, it would be awesome to incorporate it into my book. And, now I'm happy with how it turned out. (Lisa, I hope you approve of my use of your paper crafting skills.)

Anyway, week four was a week of crafting. I made my first-ever pair of slippers and an e-reader case. And, I also went to an awesome beer and cheese event and Ian took the amazing karaoke photo. I'm still in mad love with that one. Ian articulated it so well. It blows my mind just how hilarious and perfect it is.

 photo DSC_0044_zps7fc054ea.jpg
 photo DSC_0045_zpsa759bcda.jpg

Week five was a week of preparing to say goodbye to my pals Nicole and Amy. If you've been around awhile, you'll likely remember these photos. We took them so we would all have a keepsake to remember our good times together. This page is pretty basic. I didn't do much. I just made the small card on the middle left to fill the hole and the rest was pre-packaged stuff from my core kit.

 photo DSC_0052_zps1a1721d7.jpg

The remainder of week five was devoted to my third canyon visit. Ian and I are planning yet another trip into the canyon sometime in the near future. I can't wait to see how it's changed yet again.

 photo DSC_0053_zps0e22647c.jpg

Week six carries over onto the next page. For this half, I stuck with photos from our skating and curling date at Pyramid Lake. I really like how my homemade journal card turned out for this spread. I think my pal Mel from Needle and Nest would be really proud of me for getting out some doilies for this one.

 photo DSC_0057_zpsb0dd738b.jpg Here's the second half of week six. I really like the week marker I made for this page. It's simple and understated, while also kind of sweet because of the round piece of floral paper.

 photo DSC_0060_zps9c6f381a.jpg Finally, this is week seven. I kept it simple on this one, only including photos from my big snowshoe adventure. I did that for two reasons. One, I really enjoyed that adventure and liked the pictures that resulted from the day, and two, because I hadn't taken any other photos that week because I hadn't anticipated becoming a Project Lifer.

I'm excited now that I'm in the PL mindset, because I'm making the time to pull out my cellphone or camera a little more often. And, I'm also keeping in mind the little things that I'd like to include in my spread.

While cleaning my craft station earlier this week, I found tons of scrap paper, cards and things that will make my next spread even more fun to make. I really want to stray a bit more from my core kit. I made an effort to spruce the cards up a bit, but I think it would be nice to make more of the journaling cards from scratch.

Have you been doing any paper crafting lately? What kind of projects are you working on?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of about Project Life in the blogosphere, but I'm not really sure what it is. A special scrapbook? It's nice seeing someone without kids making one though. No offence to mothers, but they don't really sell me on the idea, haha. Your is so cute though!!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is probably a small thing in the scope of these (ABSOLUTELY LOVELY) spreads, but the way you incorporated "the perfect tree" photo is totally brilliant. I am often bummed out when I have a photo I want to use and it's not in the right orientation, but that is just rad. I'm going to adopt that technique...

    You're absolutely killin' it. Great work! I'll have some of my spreads up and posted this weekend... I really gotta get better about getting those up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post + pictures! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all looking so lovely - this is going to be the most incredible keepsake!

    I'm planning to start mine when I go on maternity leave in a couple of weeks time. And I've been wondering: do you have any tips for printing out photos? Do you get them printed or do it yourself? I've been wondering if it might be worth investing in one of those small photo-printers so that I can do it instantly... I do have an instax camera too but wouldn't want (and couldn't afford!) every photos to be an instax...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you found a way to use that card! It looks awesome...All of your spreads do. So many photos!!


    And that's it. I have very strong feelings toward PL (and scrapbooking in general), and I am not caught up, so I need to just disengage from the commentary here. Oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems like a great project! I bet it'll be so neat to look back to this many years later.
    Anyways, I will have to look into Project Life in my own time :D

    Vanessa ~ FoundandKept

    ReplyDelete