Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Project Life: one through three

 photo DSC_0074-1_zps3b2c8eea.jpg

My PL kit arrived in the mail on Friday and over the weekend I went paper-crafting crazy! There was paper and buttons and junk sprawled across my living room for two days. Usually I can't deal with a mess being left out in a common area, but I was so determined to catch up to week seven that I looked past the mess for a couple of days. And, guess what!? I CAUGHT UP. I did seven weeks worth of spreads in two days. (It was a magical two days, let me tell you.) I'm breaking my spreads up into two posts for you, so that you truly take the time to appreciate each week... or, so you don't get bored of scrolling through photos. Above you can see part of week one.

 photo DSC_0032_zpsafac68bd.jpg

For me, the first week of January is always about packing up all of Christmas decorations and cards and tucking them away for another year. So, this half of the spread was dedicated to that process.

 photo DSC_0035_zps5cb75523.jpg

The second half of week one was a celebration of my new-found toque-making skills, and it was an opportunity to remember one of my Maligne Canyon adventures.

 photo DSC_0037_zps69b67331.jpg

Week two and three share a spread. The second week of January, I was in Edmonton and I ran into my high school friend John, who I hadn't seen in six or seven years. I also went Value Village shopping with Lisa and bought a bunch of super cheap tights and 10 books to get me started on my reading challenge. Oh! And, I ripped a pig heart in half for a photoshoot at work. Yeah... that happened. And, yeah, that's the heart up there in a Ziplock bag. It was thawing in a garbage can full of water.

Week three was dedicated to my ice climbing adventure because that was clearly way cooler than anything else I did that week. I used newspaper clippings from the story I wrote about the experience to go along with the photos. You can read the story here.

Well folks, there you have it, my first three weeks of Project Life. Does anyone have pointers for taking photos of your spreads? I HATE the glare on the page protectors and I want it to get the hell outta here. Help would be much appreciated on that front.

5 comments:

  1. I have not yet figured out a way to take good photos of the spreads. There has to be some way to cut the glare, and still get a bright pic.....I'd say Google it, and/or see what Ali Edwards has to say on the subject. She is way high up in the upper echelons of the scrapbooking hierarchy, and has an answer to pretty much everything.

    Love your spreads. I'm glad you're enjoying this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all very cool!

    And guess what... I ordered one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, I wish I knew what to tell you about photographing PL spreads. I haven't figured it out yet either. Ali Edwards did a post about this here:
    http://aliedwards.com/2013/01/photographing-project-life.html

    Some people even take everything out of the pockets and just lay them on top, which is an OK idea but.. eh, I don't know. It *isn't* a lot of work but it sounds like work to me.

    I'll probably start taking my spreads out of the binder and photographing them loosely once the binder starts to get a bit bulky... I find that I have to move around a lot to get around the glare, but I would rather do that in natural light than have a piece-of-cake time of it but end up with yellow grainy photos in the evening. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and I am contemplating ordering a set of my own! haha
    Oh, and I tagged you for the Liebster Award! Come and take a look!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! This blog post has some good tips on photographing the spreads http://aliedwards.com/2013/01/photographing-project-life.html

    ReplyDelete