Friday, February 15, 2013

The things getting me through this day

 photo DSC_9896_zps2c4642e7.jpg

1. Coffee
2. Grooveshark's 80s station (I'm already sick of my 90s mix!)
3. Water
4. Zucchini pineapple bread
5. Knowing it's Friday
6. My cozy PJs
7. Knowing it's Friday (did I say that already!?)
8. Deep breaths
9. The Internet

I have a story due at 5 p.m. and NO ONE is returning my emails or phone calls. I'm feeling more than a touch anxious about that, so I need all of the above to get me through this day. Actually, what I need more than anything is for people to pick up their phones and spend 10 minutes talking to me about social justice issues. But, at the moment, that seems like too much to ask. So, I'm going to go on the hunt for new sources and I'm going to cross my fingers and toes that someone, anyone calls me back.

11 comments:

  1. Ack! I hope someone calls you back - that's one thing I don't miss about journalism, I hated feeling so helpless when that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in some desperate need of coffee right about now too! Hopefully everyone calls you back soon! I always get so anxious when I have a deadline and I am just waiting on other people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo, you're so photogenic! Hope you get some calls back, that must be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did anyone call you back!?
    I had a crazy day... in a totally different way! The office DRAMA was almost too much today... felt like I was in the gym "share our feelings" scene in "Mean Girls."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoped you got a call back! So happy to find another fellow canadian blogger, i'm over on Vancouver island and am definitely a new follower :)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haaaaate when people don't call back. :( So many of my articles over the last month have been put on hold because people don't pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. coffee always helps me get through the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything turned out alright with your story!
    Love the picture, very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friday for me was saved by Dairy Queen. Thank goodness for ice cream & chocolate. Hope you had an 11th hour, deus ex machina happen with your article!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your Friday :( Hope you had a good weekend anyway. And zucchini pineapple bread WHAT?!

    ReplyDelete