Thursday, February 21, 2013

What to Wear: ladies night

 photo DSC_0211_zps06f15276.jpg

So this week we're dressing for ladies night, and in Ian's book that means ice cream. He honestly refused to take my photo until I had an ice cream sandwich in my hand. He even instructed where I was and was not allowed to eat, you know, so we could get the perfect shot. Now, in my books, ladies night does not require ice cream, but it doesn't hurt. Usually a ladies night here in Jasper consists of a few beers or a few glasses of wine, either at our place or a friend's place. If we do decide to go out, we'll hit up our favourite laid back pub for a jam session or we'll hit up a live band at one of the many venues in town. We're chill people, so this is a chill outfit.

 photo DSC_0225_zpsae2a7440.jpg

I bought my shirt to wear for our Christmas potluck back in December. I haven't worn it much since then because I'm not sure just how much I like how it hangs off my body. But, when I put it together with my new grandma-style cardigan, I felt like it was a good combo, especially with the Peter Pan collar sticking out.

 photo DSC_0230_zps1192bca0.jpg

From top to bottom: 
Shirt: Bombshell (local shop)
Cardigan: Ransom (local shop)
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Ardene
Earrings: Etsy
 photo DSC_0232_zps19e30c27.jpg

I am in mad love with these earrings. I got them about a month ago along with a bunch of other jewelry I ordered online, and I have been wearing them non-stop ever since. I feel like they're perfect when my hair is up.

 photo DSC_0219_zps6071c94f.jpg

Well, it's back to eating ice cream for this little lady. Be sure to check out what the other fashionistas put together for ladies night.
Sondra: Abhaya Yoga

If you'd like to join the What to Wear series, send me an email. We'd love to have you! Next time (March 7), we're sharing What to Wear: for St. Patrick's Day.

20 comments:

  1. those earrings are so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seriously have some of the cutest style! I think that shirt and sweater pairing is perfect, sometimes you just have to do some layering with cloths that kind of hang oddly, and those two colors look so grand together!

    Also I am desperately in love with those shoes, I've been searching for a part like those forever! I think I am going to join in on the What to Wear fun because I have the perfect outfit for St Patrick's Day and the 7th is also my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove that cardigan! It's such a pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit. Your ladies night sounds a lot like my friends' and I's nights. I would much rather chill at someone's house, play board games, and drink, than pretty much anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! Love the green cardigan. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are twins today! I have on a green sweater and a peter pan collar blouse, too! And yes to icecream at ladies night! A must have! You look so cute and Ian is taking the most amazing photos. They just keep getting better and better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha... grandma cardi! LOVE that outfit - and yer face!
    Now, go pack it up and mail it to me already... lol.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are amazing earrings! and I love the sweater paired with the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those earrings and the cardi! Might have to send you an email and join on in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your earrings!! You look so cute!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ice cream sandwiches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    thats all i have to say

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the earrings, probably love ice cream sandwiches more though. Oh well.
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't mind an ice cream sandwich right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss having ladies nights with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is seriously adorable! (With or without ice cream sandwich!) The pan collar paired with the green cardi is a dream. Love love love!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely outfit, the green sweater and earrings are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your blouse- I really wish it was in my closet! Your sweater is really awesome too. You look super cute and I love your hair like that! You guys come up with the best concepts for these :) Three cheers for girls night with ICE CREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so cute! haha, I love that first picture; so awesome. You're sweater colors beautiful and I'm diggin' those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That green is beautiful, I love it. Also, I genuinely think that your guy and mine are very similar...

    ReplyDelete