Friday, March 22, 2013

Destiny and the universe

As someone who doesn't spend a lot of time with children, I often forget how insightful and smart they really are. I watched this video yesterday morning and was blown away. I was surprised in part by the nine-year-old boy's vocabulary and in part by his wisdom. When asked what the meaning of life is, he says, "The meaning of your life is what you make it—what you want your life to be. Nobody can decide what you will do except for you. You have control over yourself. You may not be lucky enough and the odds may be against you, but there is never a definite 'no' that you cannot do [something]."

At the moment, my life is a little crazy, with some big changes likely coming around the corner, so there really was no better time for me to see this video. Right now I need to remember the above sentiment and I need to live by it. I'll admit, I'm a bit terrified the odds will turn against me, but even if they do, I need to be true to myself and my own worth and I need to embrace change, whichever way it goes. (Sorry to be so vague. I'll fill you-all in when I've made my decisions.)

Anyway, that's enough of my ominous jibber-jabber. Go ahead, watch the video. 
I promise you won't regret it.

9 comments:

  1. wow, he is like the brightest kid ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart kid! Kind of puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Thanks for sharing. The whole ant analogy is awesome.. also "it's an endless quest without knowing what your quest it". Thanks kid.. you have made my day a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he's been reading Carl Sagan.

    I liken what I want most in life to wanting a unicorn. Unicorn's DON'T EXIST, but that doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with a white horse and a big imagination. (Perhaps that's a bit off topic...wow, I can see what my brain is stuck on right now!)

    I hope you figure everything out. I'm sending all my HAPPY ENERGY and BRAVE THOUGHTS your way today! And some fun mail....if I dare leave the house, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great video! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend :) ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. And well timed for me too. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the share - this gave me such a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - certainly a smart kid! It's pretty unusual to find a 9 year old who is so comfortable talking about the abstract!

    ReplyDelete