Friday, March 15, 2013

"I fly through the breeze, with the greatest of ease, in my argyle chemise."


Jasper has this amazing artist that you-all should know. His name is Tristan Overy and he creates amazing characters like the fellow you see above. The title of this post is the name of this print—showing you just have clever Tristan is. Not only can this guy paint, he also has a talent for rhyme and clever word play. He's basically a celebrity in town here. You can see his work in shops and in the gallery, and these days he's making a living selling his art. He sells prints. He sells originals. He sells cards, stickers, mugs, and T-shirts, all with his signature characters on them.

Peter Pom Pom is truly a leprechaun Don.

The blue man poop gives the ol’ fingeroo to the pink stinkers & purple nurples.

Last Friday, Tristan opened a new show called Caveman+Scientist. We went to the opening at the museum and were blown away by his latest work. It's very clearly his work, but his colour use is way different, with pastels making an appearance. And he did a bunch of work on wood, which makes for a really rad effect. This guy is talented, I tell you. He screams out to the skater, punk kid I once was.

What are you waiting for? Check out his shop!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, so unique! :) We have a lot of artists here in Santa Fe, but for every really awesome artist there are like 7 people who just paint nothing. I like when you can find something truly original. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty amazing--excellent find and good share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Love the bright colours and witty titles :) ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. super dynamic fun pieces! Hope you have a great weekend!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo, i dig them. i love the colors. and i ditto the skater, punk kid thing - for real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Those are amazing! I love the bright colours and thick black lines, and the textures are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! Probably wouldn't have come across him (for a while at least) otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, these are great! i think my boyfriend would adore these, i must go show him!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, I'm so glad I found your awesome blog! And this artist is truly amazing! Totally my style!

    afairytalecomesalive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello blog hopper! Happy to find you! And thank you for sharing the fab art, as art is my bag baby! Lovely weekend to ya!:)Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this style. Found you while hopping through blogs... Glad to have stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool. I especially enjoy his titles. If I ever made public any of my paintings, they would all have paragraph titles as well. Why make the viewer fill in all the blanks?!

    p.s. Look at all your new blog friends! Where have you been peddling your online wares lately?!

    ReplyDelete