Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Playing like kids


Jasper got 70 centimetres of snow in 72 hours last weekend. It was seriously insane. It was like getting a facewash everywhere I walked. And once I walked inside, I'd be dripping water all over the place. It was a mess, but also incredibly beautiful and much needed. (It's been WEEKS, if not months since we had a decent snowfall.) So, on Sunday afternoon, my girlfriend and I decided to take advantage of the new powder by making the most amazing snowman, ever. I mean it, guys. He's the best. Not only is he upside down, he has a fanny pack!

We had so much fun sinking into knee-deep snow as we rolled our snowballs, making them bigger and bigger and bigger. And, we even chased each other around a bit and fell into the snow laughing, just like we were kids. And, of course, once we were down, we had to make snow angels.

I have to admit, playing without thinking about age or how I'm "supposed" to act, was really fun. I would totally do it again.

Have you played in the snow lately?

12 comments:

  1. AHHH! This is so adorable. Playing like kids is my favorite thing to do with Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that must be crazy. but through my eyes, who lives in a tropical country that only has 2 seasons, snow always makes me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously love the upside snowman! Good on you for having fun in the snow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him! I've always wanted to make a snowman army of picketers like Calvin does in the Calvin &hobbes comics.. I'll have to wait until I move to Minnesota though because Washington doesn't get any snow off the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I love that he's upside down. We're hopefully supposed to be getting snow this week (fingers crossed!) and I might have to steal the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome snowman! Playing like kids is one of my fave things to do with Shawn - we have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best! Ever! Love it!!!!! We totally need to make a snowman! We just got almost a foot of snow - now I just have to convince Cayla! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet damn that's a pile of snow! And a totally awesome snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You so crazy. Love it! Reminds me of Calvin & Hobbes many wild snowman making antics.... glad you're back to the interwebs now!?
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a great snowman! Will and I actually built one when we were in Maine last week, however ours was not nearly as awesome as yours! And I agree with Mel, it really does remind me of Calvin & Hobbes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No :( The one day it snowed here in Dallas was on Christmas when my husband and I were visiting family in Louisiana. I'm totally bummed about missing out. Sometimes I wish we lived in a more snow-friendly city just for the same reasons you stated. To play like a kid again. :)

    ReplyDelete