Monday, April 1, 2013

A lake called Louise



As promised, I'm back today with some photos from our trip to the always beautiful Lake Louise. I found it interesting to visit during the winter, as opposed to the summer, because it was impossible to get the stereotypical photo of the lake with everyone walking on it. So, rather than capturing a photo where it looks totally untouched and serene, it looks over populated and touristy. Ah well, it was still gorgeous. I can honestly say, even with a hundred people around me, I could still appreciate the beauty of my surroundings.

Plus, the weather was awesome!! Do you see my outfit!? That's right, I'm wearing a sweater without a jacket!! This is exciting news, folks. Spring has officially kicked off in the mountains and I'm loving every sunshine-filled moment of it.


I adore this photo because it looks like the mountain is thinking something. It leaves me to wonder what that might be. Perhaps, "Life is good with your head in the clouds."




These last few photos were taken on the drive from Louise to Banff. Since it was Easter long weekend, both towns were insanely busy. Visiting Banff always makes me appreciate living in Jasper all the more. It's just so much busier in Banff than it is in Jasper. To be honest, I find it to be a bit much. You're constantly getting stuck behind slow walkers, all the stores are filled to the brim with tourists and there is never an empty parking space. Jasper can be pretty crazy in the summer, as well, but it's never quite as nutty as Banff. Plus, when it's busy in Jasper, I know exactly where to go to get away from the crowds—for a hike!—whereas in Banff, I don't know where to find hiking trails that won't be overrun with tourists. I think I definitely picked the right national park to call home.

How was your Easter weekend?

21 comments:

  1. We have visited lake Louise in summer and winter and I love the contrast you get! My boys rowed across it for one picture and skated on it for another! Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo preettyyy :) My Easter weekend was way less exciting. I spent it at home visiting my family, and read an obscure German novel for my course... wish I could have gone hiking instead!

    http://thulefiona.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! AND it's got my name, haha!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on Banff. I love Banff for visiting for a day or two but I love Jasper way more. Banff is fun since it is a more tourist town or "party" town. I think Jasper is all honestly is prettier than Banff too. And Lake Louise is nice to visit too since it is so beautiful but it may be too boring for me. Jasper is perfect! PS. I come back in one month we will have to get together again sometime this summer!

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning! Must lift the soul to live near somewhere so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous place! And I kind of love the picture of all the people walking on the frozen lake :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous! Almost wish I'd gone in the winter instead of the spring (but not really, it was perfect in May). Will just have to go back to walk on the lake! Jasper is definitely waaaay better than Banff as far as the overrun-by-tourists bit goes, even (especially?) in the middle of summer. Twenty minutes in Banff was more than enough for me, though I had to stay for multiple hours. Twice. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are beautiful, thanks for sharing! It's definitely annoying when a place is overrun with tourists, but I do hope to visit Banff at least once since I've attended screenings of the Banff Film Festival so many times! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white rim of your sunglasses! It makes it so vintage!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty place! We had a sunny and warm Easter. It was so nice to be able to have dinner out on the deck. But the rain is back :( Typical Seattle...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great shots.. seriously, your life in a postcard keeps amazing me! I laughed about the slow walkers part.. reminded me of your good ol' things I don't get posts (still MISS those btw!). Such fun adventures you have there, don't mind me as I live vicariously through them ;o)
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are incredible and so happy the weather was good for you! I remember going to Banff with family when I was younger, we would do a "wilderness vacation" every summer :)
    Hope you're having a great start to your week!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!
    Would love to go back in winter..

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we went last time it was the same case - lake filled with people. Except that time it was ice skaters & competitors in a cross-country ski race. So....

    Banff is stupid...no offense to all those people who like Banff. I much prefer Jasper, partly because it's not as crowded and partly because I - like you - know where to go to get away from all the people! Jasper is in my blood and my memory, and Banff is just the place that we went as teenage band geeks and got rowdy at Joe Btizflix (I'm totally spelling that wrong, but it doesn't matter because the place closed years ago). JASPER FOREVER!

    But Lake Louise is lovely. Kind of out of the way, yet still touristy...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I love Banff! Was there in January, but it was FREEZING cold so we didn't end up wondering around as much as we would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so beautiful! I love the peak with the thought bubble- and I think you nailed what is on it's mind. I'm glad you're getting some Spring! To us in the desert that means a light cardi is the heaviest we can sport now. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, what gorgeous photos! I would love for you to come link up to my Tuesday Blog Hop!!

    xo Tori

    http://www.mythriftychic.com/2013/04/lucky-fabb-anything-and-everything-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so beautiful! The first photo with all the people is kind of surreal. I was expecting complete emptiness. I can't believe it is warm enough to go out without a jacket too - madness! It's so windy here I'm still wearing my thermals xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're right - Jasper is always quieter than Banff. We used to escape there when we needed some quiet. Banff is almost never quiet but offers more in restaurants, shopping & hotels. The mountains seem different between the 2 as well - do you notice that?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your sweater, and the mountains look amazing!

    ReplyDelete