Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Becoming an auntie (again!)


Source
NEWS FLASH: My big sister is pregnant! I've known for a couple of weeks now, but I'm just now starting to wrap my head around the idea of her being a momma bear. I know she'll be amazing. But, she—like me—has always said she'd never have little rascals running around, so my mind is slightly blown by the news. I've been imagining what she'll be like as a momma and what my brother-in-law will be like as a papa bear and I'm convinced they're going to rock it!

My sister's fetus will, in September or October, be my third niece or nephew. You see, my older brother already has two handsome little monkeys at home. It's honestly crazy for me to watch our family grow. When I was young, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be called auntie. I just assumed we'd all be celibate and that would be that. How wrong was I!?

I'll admit, though, I adore getting on Skype with the boys. It's so fun to hear them babble on and on about their latest fantasy. (Oh! They're four and five, by the way.) They tell me about the trucks they drive, the monsters they see, the text messages they receive (I assure you, they don't have cellphones!), and they giggle at me when I make silly faces. Is there anything better than being a silly auntie? Probably not. I mean, it would obviously be better if I could hang out with them in real life, rather than chatting on Skype, but sadly that's the price I pay to live in the Rockies. And when I do get to see them, it's that much more fun. We make forts and run around the living room like crazy people. And we laugh and laugh and laugh.

I can't wait to laugh with the latest edition to my fam-jam. I bet he/she will have the best giggle, just like his/her momma.

Are you an auntie?


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I am an auntie to an adorable little 3.5 year old. Up until last summer, she thought I lived in the 'puter. I love her like crazy and sometimes am a little sad that I miss out on her birthdays and watching her grow through a screen but that is life for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woop woop! I'm convinced you're a great auntie - cuz you're a hoot! Congrats to you and your sis! I'm an aunt to one handsome lil' babe - sharing the house (duplex style) with us here, so that's fun!
    Hope your week is being nicer to you so far? xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! Congratulations! Isn't being an aunt the best? You get to do all the fun stuff and still get to give them back when they cry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your sister! I love being an auntie. Most of the kidlets are too young to appreciate me just yet, but the older one is getting the full auntie-treatment! This means lots of running around and screaming...I can't wait until the three babies are in the mix!

    I know Monday was a crappy one, but how is Tuesday shaping up for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm an auntie to a little girl who will be one in May and will be an auntie again to another little one expected to arrive in late November! It really is the greatest thing and I have to agree, it's hard doing it on Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopping by from the blog hop at:
    http://peacoatsandplaid.blogspot.co.uk

    awww congrats!!!! i am an Aunt and i SPOIL then rotten! It is so amazing getting to have nieces and nephews. they really do look up to you

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I can't wait to be an auntie. Neither can my sister, so we're constantly goading the other one to have a baby first. It's actually turning into a bit of a baby roulette game. We both want to be parents, as well, but not yet--we both want the other one to go first. She's going the long and arduous adoption route, though, and I'm going the wait-until-I'm-more-financially-stable route, so it's a bit of a gamble either way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How super cool! Congrats to your sister! And to you for being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Amazing news. I wish my brothers would hurry the hell up and have kids. Theyre both older then me so they need to buck their ideas up



    chloex

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats!! I am an aunt to 5 little buggers as of now, but my big sis is traveling to Ethiopia RIGHT NOW to meet the newest edition of their family!! Hopefully soon I'll have a new niece, eep! (they're adopting, and have to travel twice, & don't get to bring her home the first time.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, your nephews sound like a hoot!! >.<

    ReplyDelete