Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crochet inspiration

With the weather warming up (ever so slowly), I have nearly quit crocheting all together, since there won't be a need for toques, slippers and scarves for much longer. The thing is, though, I miss having my hook in my hand every time I sit down on the couch. I find myself fidgeting and yearning for a project. So, I started hunting for something awesome to make and I came up with a whole bunch of amazing projects that I thought I'd share with all of you.

Watermelon change purse

Granny square owl bunting

Aviator hat

Plastic bag tote

Cute mushroom house

These are just a few of the amazing projects I came across during my hunt. I know there's a toque in there, but I feel like Ian must own an aviation hat. It's just too perfect. Even if he can't wear it until next season, I'm going to make it for him ASAP.

And that owl bunting has got to be the cutest thing in the world. I still haven't made a granny square, so I might have to start there and then move onto fancy squares, but I'll get there. I'm determined.

Do you have any projects on the go right now, or any you're dreaming about doing?

11 comments:

  1. I hear that a crocheted watermelon change purse can change the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH!!! The aviator hat is definitely my favorite!

    I can't sew, knit or crochet to save my life. But I am pretty good at other crafts. I hope to start something fun soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment almost all my crocheting is baby focused as it seems everyone and their mother is getting pregnant right now! It definitely gets harder as the weather gets nicer though. Love that owl bunting and the watermelon change purse! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That watermelon purse is perfect for summer ice cream truck money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. some really sweet ideas here! I'm still in the middle of two big blanket projects, largely because I keep doing daft things like running out of very specific yarn and dropping my crochet hooks down the side of the bed where they are lost forever in an unknown abyss, I'm so close to finishing I just need more supplies!

    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That watermelon change purse is so cute and I love that mushroom garden. I wish I could crochet so bad!

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been obsessed with crocheting pillows and cushions. I don't know why all of a sudden I needed pillows but they are fun to make. I really want to make a sweater but I'm poor and the yarn is really expensive. I love that change purse, I should try that as my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crocheting is something I've learned how to do a few months ago (I taught myself) and hooked on crocheting ever since! *pun intended*

    I love the collective of projects you'd put together! Those owl granny squares are adorable -- I really want to try those :)

    xoxo,
    Nat
    Modern Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little coin purse! Will definitely have to go ahead and make one of my own soon.

    ReplyDelete