Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Groovin' in the '80s

I know I've said it a billion times in the last week, but holy man am I tired and busy! At this point, the one thing keeping me going is Grooveshark. When I get overwhelmed by the sounds of the office, I pop in my headphones and rock out for a minute. No joke, I dance in my chair. And once my tense shoulders release from their spot next to my ears, I get back to work. Tunes and dancing, I tell you, they do the trick. They bring me back to a calm, clear state of mind and allow me to write. So in celebration of the lovely tunes that are keeping me productive, I thought I'd share a playlist with all y'all. It's a little '80s mix that I've been enjoying. There's something about these tunes that snap me out of any "mood" and bring me back to reality. I hope they have the same effect on you!

80s-style by Gypsy in Jasper on Grooveshark

What's your favourite '80s tune? Did it make the list?

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes yes yes yes. These are all so good. And you put Depeche Mode on the list!! Man I love those guys. I couldn't decide what I should post about today, but this settles it. Depeche Mode it is. Also, take a nap soon, eh? ;-) You busy working girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just gotta bust a move when you are stressed, and this is a great mix to do it to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing really is the best stress relief! I'm constantly dancing in my chair to whatever music is/isn't playing. Gets some strange looks on the subway occasionally though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally awesome because I was so in need of a pick me up today!! I can literally have Rock me amadeus on repeat all day long!! I love that song!! =) You also have down under! Love that song!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete