Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The story behind the photo

You guys didn't actually think I threw on some coveralls, a hardhat and some rubber boots just to show you what I'd wear to slay zombies did you? I sure hope not. That's even a bit beyond me... the girl who loves a good costume and photoshoot. The real story is last week I received a call from Kim at Parks Canada, asking if I'd like to go light a forest fire. Well, that might be a stretch. I could be exaggerating a wee tiny bit. I wasn't actually asked to light it. I was, though, asked to accompany the fire management crew while they lit it. They were working on a fireguard on the slopes of Mount Greenock, which means they were literally being paid to light things on fire. How awesome would that job be!? A pyromaniac's dream!

Anyway, in order to join in the fun, I was asked to put on some covies and a hardhat. And yesterday's outfit and zombie slaying photo were the result.

So, here you have it, the story behind the photo.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, that's what Rob does for work! I thought your yellows looked a bit like his :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an adventure. I bet it was super warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paid to be a pyro? Dream job right there! :P

    ReplyDelete