Thursday, April 4, 2013

What to Wear: to work


So this is my home work space and this is how I dress if I have to leave the house for an interview. If I were actually working at home, writing all day or interviewing people on the phone, we all know that's not what I'd be hanging out in. But assuming I have to see the light of day, I choose to be business casual.


I bought this top many moons ago at Value Village. It took me a long time before I actually busted it out, but once I did and once I started belting it, I fell in love. I think it's the perfect work shirt. It's feminine. It's slightly dressy. It has ruffles, a great colour and it's put together enough that I can interview anyone in town and feel comfortable.

From head to toe:
Shirt: Value Village
Tank top: Ardenes
Cardigan: Walmart
Pants: American Eagle
Shoes: Ardenes

This is my "are you seriously going to avoid my calls/hang up on me" look. I don't bust it out that often, but it does appear from time to time.



Now, if you want to join the What to Wear party, link up with your own work outfit. We'd love to see it. And if you can't make it this time around, we'll be back with What to Wear: while exercising on April 18. So, be sure to join us then!

What do you wear to work? Do you have a uniform or do you get to pick your outfits?

16 comments:

  1. I wish I could wear jeans at work!! I work for a pensions provider and have to dress smart smart. Or at least, I am supposed to, I definitely push the boundaries.

    I wear dresses, flat smart shoes and cardigans. Unless I have a client meeting where I wear a smart dress, heels and a blazer! guh


    chloex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the work poses. Too funny!

    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Ian are such a wonderful duo for these photos! I love how creative you guys get about the whole process :-) Also, that is definitely an outfit I would let my self be interviewed by. I'm so jealous of your mad belting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photoshoot! Great photo from above! :-) Like in a magazine. Cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello awesome lady! What on earth are you wearing on your feet?? That top is lovely though, very lovely. Does anyone ever swear at you on the phone, or are they not that kind of interviews?

    I'M STILL SO EXCITED!!!!!!! WHEEEE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed - that's a great work top! :) If I worked at home, I would never put clothes on. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so lucky to work from home and I love your office nook! Perfect outfit to be comfy yet still be in charge and get sh*t done. Love your "are you seriously..." expression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit for work! its really cute =}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty lucky, I get to wear pretty much whatever I want to work. Most days it's Jeans and a T-Shirt since I work with Computer and Server equipment. It probably doesn't help that I'm the only girl who works downstairs at our office.

    But sometimes I'll put on some nice, tight black pants and a low-cut v-neck. Rock it girl style. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your top! and your office is so neat & tidy; very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! I love your little work space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit, and your little office is super cute too ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your shoes and glass's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your photos! And a bit jealous of your desk set up...

    ReplyDelete
  15. you make great expressions! that one is seriously cute. love this casual look w/ the pretty blouse and loafers.
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete