Thursday, April 18, 2013

What to Wear: while exercising (or something like that)


You-all know me, and you know when it comes to this blog, I like to be honest. So, rather than lying to you guys and putting on an outfit I would wear while at the gym—a place where I wouldn't be caught dead—Ian and I had a little fun with this photoshoot. After another LONG day at the office and a delicious dinner, enjoyed while watching the latest Game of Thrones, I threw on a goofy, eighties-inspired workout outfit and we started shooting. And if you ask me, the photo we came up with is gold. (As always, huge thanks to Ian for the amazing lighting and photography skills.)


My apologies if you were expecting me to take this one seriously. It just couldn't be done. Now, that's not to say that I never exercise. But, the truth is, since taking over my new position, I haven't done much more than go for a walk or a 30 minute run around town. I'm just far too beat. That will change soon, though. I'll get settled in and I'll be able to return to a semi-normal routine. Plus, the weather is warming up and the snow is melting, so it will be no time before I'm out on the trails again!

That's it for me, folks. If you want to see some REAL workout gear, you should check out what the other What to Wearers put together. They'll all be making their way over here soon to link up their outfits. 

If you'd like to join, feel free to snap some photos of your go-to exercise gear and link up. If you can't make it this time, but you want to join the party in the future, we'll be back on May 2 with What to Wear: for a casual coffee date. Be sure to join us!


What do you wear while exercising?

16 comments:

  1. This photo is beyond amazing! Haha I love it! Seriously you guys always come up with the best photo shoot ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best workout shot ever! Haha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHA! You're totally my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo! I couldnt really take this one seriously either, I also when with an 80s kind of theme. I really love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious! hopefully as the snow melts you will have more energy to get out and get moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME! I totally failed because I never really exercise- (I work in a busy restaurant and totally think that counts!), so I was at a loss. Wish I came up with something clever like this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, genious. I'm so loving your latest wtw posts. This is exactly how it would go with me. Seriously, you should have your own column in a freaking magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that you took this approach :-) I felt obligated to participate in this one because I've been solid on most of the others, but if I'm being honest, my exercise is wherever I'm biking to, so my exercise outfit is a bike-friendly normal-clothes outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol.. Yup pretty much. As much as I do enjoy exercise it definitely is not at the gym! The lighting is amazing in this picture, kudos to your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! I love this so so much. That's my kind of workout. I like to say I work out half the year. Ski season. Big burn on powder days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally obsessed with your blog! found it through the blog hop this week :) such cute funny photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. argh...i can't believe I missed this one. I'm so lame. I'm actually a personal trainer...you would think I could muster up the energy to take one photo in some workout clothes. Your photo is hilarious! I think your awesome photo shoot has inspired me to participate again next time.

    ReplyDelete