When the world's gone to shit and you find yourself in a real life Walking Dead, you want to be comfortable and prepared. So, out of my concern and care for all of you, here is a quick and dirty post outlining what to wear while killing brain-sucking zombies.
1. Coveralls. They may be terrible when you need a bathroom break, but in every other instance, they're the perfect outerwear. They're comfortable and easy to move around in and they keep the blood and gore off your underclothes. So, you know, you look good when you make it to the zombie-free promise land.
2. A well fitted hard hat. You'll want to protect that brain of yours, since that's what zombies are after, so it's a good idea to wear something they can't weasel their teeth into. My suggestion is a hardhat, but you could wear any type of helmet. In fact, it might be better to have something with a chin strap since you'll likely be doing a good deal of running.
3. Rubber boots. Let's get back to the blood and gore, shall we? Yeah, you're going to be seeing and trudging through a lot of that, so you're going to want some shoes that are waterproof and easy to clean (again, because you obviously want to look your best when everything is said and done).
4. A scarf. This might seem like an odd choice, so let me explain. A) a scarf can keep you warm and B) it can be used to clean the blood of your face after battle. Win-win, folks.
5. Weapon. In this instance I have a fireman's axe. I'm not sure that that would be my implement of choice in the case of an actual zombie apocolypse, but for now it will do. I mean, it's better than a gun, right? I wouldn't want to be creating a bunch of noise and attracting the whole pack, after all.
What do you think, am I on the right track?
What would you add or subtract from my outfit?