I've been thinking a lot about my life lately and I've come to the conclusion that I am working far too hard and far too many hours. At this rate, I'll be run into the ground in a few more months. In other words, the life I'm living is not sustainable. So, I NEED to remedy this situation. Part of that is finding a way to finish my work in less hours. Another part is separating myself. I need to realize that I can't oversee everything. I can't do everything and I can't be responsible for everything. There is only so much I can do. And what I'm doing right now is just too darn much.
So, to motivate myself to change my ways, I've come up with a summer bucket list of things I won't be able to do unless I work less and live more. Here's what I've come up with so far:
1. Hike trails that make me swear and sweat and then jump up and down happily when I reach the end.
2. Try rock climbing and attempt to do it fearlessly.
3. Kayak down the Miette River.
4. Fish and actually catch a bloody fish this year.
5. Picnic it up.
6. Camp at least a few times.
7. See my brother and sister in Vancouver.
8. Raft down the Kootenay River in August.
9. Party it up at Edmonton Pride.
10. Drink mojitos.
11. Eat a tonne of homemade fish tacos.
12. Take wildlife photos.
13. Plant my garden and maintain it, so it's not the weediest one in the yard (like last year).
14. Swim in Lake Annette and Lake Edith.
15. Drive for no other reason than to enjoy the open road.
16. Dance my heart out to live music at the Legion.
17. Eat hangover brunch in the sun.
18. Read books on my patio.
19. Spend time alone.
20. And have lots and lots of house guests.
Now to just cut down on my work hours and get down to having some fun!
What are your plans for the summer?