Wednesday, May 8, 2013

That dude, Gratitude




Blue skies, wispy clouds, mountains, trees and rushing rivers—it doesn't get much better than this. 

Even after a hard day or a hard week or a hard month, all it takes is one day in nature to remind me why I'm working so hard. I love this community. I love this park and I love this life I live, even when it's stressful. Some days, when my stress levels are peaking at the point of a constant eye twitch, I forget there are people out there, living in cities, who have to travel hours just to have some peace and quiet, some clean air and some beautiful surroundings. When it finally dawns on me that all I have to do is step out my door, I realize just how blessed I am. Even on hard days I get to walk home staring at Whistlers Mountain, or look out my office window at trains and mountains and trees.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is I'm grateful I've been given the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place.

What are you feeling grateful for today?

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I feel absolutely the same way. On days I am just feeling down I go for a walk (with Wigs of course) and I just feel so grateful and lucky to get to live where I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly love how much your point of view has changed. It makes me so happy to hear that you love where you are living, and that it is WORTH IT! I am really glad for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is absolutely stunning! I always feel like that too- after a hectic week an afternoon out in nature is just what I need to pick me up again!

    XO
    Anna
    ps- i have a new blog, check it out! http://www.thesnaphappyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't that a great feeling? grateful for little things might us feel so content

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think how lucky I am to be able to have a beautiful view of the mountains on my way home each day. Even though I have seen it everyday I can appreciate the beauty of where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos...good lord do I miss water and green trees!

    ReplyDelete