Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The bears are back in town

Video by my pal Richard.

All over my Facebook wall are videos and photos of amazing, ginormous bears. I love this time of year. It's the time when everywhere you go, your eyes are on the landscape for bears, goats, elk and deer. It's so fun to test your eyes and to watch wildlife go about their business. I grew up in a similar landscape, with plenty of wildlife around, but the charm still hasn't worn off. I'm as intrigued by these creatures today as I was as a child.

I especially love the above video. It's so amazing to see cubs, especially how nimble they are as they move up and down trees. They're just so darn cute. I hope to head out for some adventures this weekend so I can get my own photos and videos of these little guys. I could use the break from the office and the time out in nature. Plus, I need my wildlife fix. I've only seen one bear so far this season and he was way up on a hill. It's time to remedy this situation.

Have you ever seen a bear?

1 comment:

  1. I have seen some bears in my day. Usually far away on a hill, or quickly as we pass by on the side of the road. My favourite bear sighting was in Jasper (I believe) when as a child I spotted one of those bright yellow pipe bear traps and my mom was trying to explain to me what it was. We looked up and on a ridge just behind the trap there was a bear! It seemed to say, "in your face, bear trap...I'm on to you!"

    You better find me a good place to watch bears for when I come!! But actually, I would prefer to see a moose...

    ReplyDelete