Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thoughtful advice

In the last couple of months, Ian's played this song a few times and every time I hear it, it stops me in my tracks. It literally stops me. I stop talking. I stop what I'm doing and I just listen. Not because it has a good melody. Not because the guy has a great voice—he doesn't really even sing, so that's definitely not it. It stops me because of its message. The words and ideas are so apt. They make you think. They give you pause. They make you smile. (They've even made me cry... how embarrassing!)

Anyway, take my advice and give it a listen. And take Baz's advice and "Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own."


"The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't."

Brilliant. No?

5 comments:

  1. It might be aging me but I remember when this came out and was all over the radio! Loved it then and love it now. ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh blast from the past - thanks for that ol' goodie! I remember it well, and yes, always loved a lot of what he has to say. 'Looking at beauty magazines only makes you feel ugly'... heh. Hope you're week is a beauty one though! xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember this! It gave me the same feelings it did when I first heard it. Made me feel so much relief and look forward to the many possibilities that lay ahead.
    Love the quote that you took out of it. :) Nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "you are not as fat as you imagine.." i liked that one haha

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete