Thursday, May 30, 2013

What to Wear: power outfit



I'm gonna be honest with all y'all. I'm not really someone who has a lot of power, nor do I demand it. I mean, I guess I have some power. I do control what stories are told in the paper, after all. But, when I think of someone in power, I don't think of an newspaper editor. I think of a highfaluting business person who wears a suit to work. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I don't really have a "power outfit." I just have the clothes that I deem work appropriate and respectable. Like this outfit, for instance.
It's no frills, but it's cute. I'm rocking a Peter Pan collar. I'm rocking some colour. I've got my skinnies on and my go-to boat shoes, so basically, I'm set for success. Amiright!?

From head to toe: 
Sunglasses: Ardene
Earrings: Etsy
Shirt: Bombshell (Jasper)
Cardigan: Joe Fresh
Pants: Ardene
Shoes: Ardene


Well folks, another What to Wear has come and gone and now we're onto the next outfit. In two weeks, on June 13, we'll be dressing for an ice cream date! Be sure to join us or at least pop in and see what outfits we put together.

Do you have a power outfit?

9 comments:

  1. I like this, and I'm getting some nautical vibes from it that I'm really into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the bright color! And your collar is adorable. Oh, also the big earrings. I need some big earrings in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cutie! Now that I also have a red cardigan, I don't know how I went without one for so long! Red cardigan, you complete me.

    I don't understand boat shoes. I feel like they would be right up my alley, but I just can't do it. Although I have been buying a lot of nautical-type clothes lately...so...maybe it wouldn't be such a stretch!

    THREE WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. That first picture is genius. XD Cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures! the outfits great and I really love the shoes =}

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cardigan is a great color! You look pretty powerful in that first shot for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! Gimmee that shirt!! Your photo shoots are always the best. I love that card and it's a total power sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A powerhouse of prettiness for shizzle! What a great backdrop too! Maybe next time you can wear some brass knuckles - since I'm sure that's gotta be part of your work attire there. ;o) Have a beauty weekend sweets!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete