Thursday, May 16, 2013

What to Wear: spring dresses


My dress decided to have a little love affair with that branch...
We're back! And this time we're showing you our spring dresses. When I got dressed for this prompt, I actually had a bit of a rough go. Although we've had some 25 C days in the last couple of weeks, this week has been cold and rainy. So, I had to layer up with a sweater and some nude tights, in an effort to stay warm in my spring dress.

My other challenge was picking a dress. I own quite a few, but none of them seem to be the perfect spring dress. I have the perfect spring skirt (make that skirts, plural), but my dress collection is more tailored to the fall. Weird, I know. Anyway, this is what I came up with. I bought this green dress at Army and Navy last year. I snagged it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. I just love the pattern.

From head to toe: 
Earrings: Etsy
Dress: Army and Navy
Sweater: Army and Navy
Tights: Walmart
Shoes: Walmart
Purse: Thrifted
Bracelet: Elysian Flowers (in Jasper)

Now this bracelet is my outfit's piece de resistance. I just bought it last weekend and I am in mad love. It's leather. It's a flower. It's colourful. I can put it on myself (yay for snaps!) and it's just downright perfect for spring and summer.

Well folks, that's it for this edition of What to Wear. Be sure to check in throughout the day to see the outfits that link up. I'm sure the ladies have some gorgeous spring dresses to show off. If you have one you'd like to show off, feel free to link up with us today. We'd love to see what you've got on. If you can't make it this week, but you want to join the What to Wear party in the future, be sure to link up with us on May 30 when we each show off our "power outfit." My wheels are already turning on this one! Hmmm... what to wear!?

Do you have a favourite spring dress?

11 comments:

  1. This outfit! I love it! great dress, and that bracelet oh my its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you purdy as a peacock (that IS the pattern on your skirt/dress right?)... either way.. PRETTY!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pattern on your dress and you are right- that bracelet is the piece de resistance. Amazing. Goes perfectly with that fun, bright dress. Everything in this outfit just goes perfectly with your scenery. Sorry it's cold, but you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty, as per usual. I have thought about putting tights on these past couple of days, but only because it is so DANG COLD in my office! That bracelet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply gorgeous! I can't wait for summer dress weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you're always so cute and sassy! That bracelet is definitely a work of art gracing your wrist. I feel like such a dork for forgetting today was Thursday! Better late than never, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Love the pattern of your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah! you, the woods you are in, and the outfit are stunning! What a great ensemble, and wicked sweet bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this dress - perfect shot of you in the woods, too! Wishing you a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bracelet is beautiful! Love this dress too, the pattern is gorgeous. You look fantastic xo

    ReplyDelete