Saturday, June 29, 2013

At this time last year: June


At this time last year, I wrote my very first "Things I don't understand" post and because of my rant about video games, I ended up making a really great blog pal—not because she agreed with me, but rather because she vehemently disagreed. It seems to me there's no better way to start a friendship than with a debate. At least it worked out for us, anyway. Since that post there have been a number of other editions of "Things I don't understand" and they seem to all be my most commented on posts. Maybe I'll have to throw one into the mix again sometime soon.


This was also the time when my very first garden started sprouting and growing. My favourite thing out of the garden last year was our broccoli. We bought potted plants and they provided us with so many delicious salads. We didn't plant any this year, mostly because we were totally disorganized and didn't get around to planting until way too late. So instead we're looking forward to radishes, green onions, potatoes, spinach and carrots. I'm sure that will do.


Probably the most exciting part of the month was my glasses finally came. Wow! That means I've officially be a four-eyes for a year. Crazy! I still love my glasses as much today as I did when they arrived in the mail last year. I think they're absolute perfection—although I will admit I'd love to be like so many other bloggers out there with a whole collection of glasses to choose from each day. Maybe one day.


June was also the month that Ian, my friend Cynthia and I went to Banff for Music in the Park—an outdoor concert on the RAINIEST day possible. We were literally in ponchos sitting on a foamy with umbrellas over our heads the entire show. We saw Dan Mangan, though, so that was totally worth. And, as you can see, when the rain cleared up, Ian and I also recreated American Gothic at the cabin we stayed in. Epic, right?


And on the same trip, we also impersonated RCMP officers. I'd say this is a fairly accurate depiction, wouldn't you?

And of course no month would be complete without an outfit post. So here's What to Wear to a BBQ. I broke the apple necklace pictured here awhile back. I think I'll have to dig out the pieces and glue it back together. It's far to cute to let it go to waste in the bottom of my purse.

What were you up to at this time last year? 

Oh! Don't forget, Google Reader is on the outs. If you want to keep up with Gypsy in Jasper, make the switch to Bloglovin or another reader today!

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you and Ian. Classic. Congrats on the garden, I don't have much of a green thumb but my dad does and nothing beats garden fresh flavor.

    Last Summer was tough for my husband and I. He was super ill and I was grasping for the good simple things in life, trying to stay positive. It was a good Summer, despite our troubles. Here's a link to my last year, if you are interested. Happy weekend. http://www.tracismixedbag.com/2012/06/weekend-warrior-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool post! I never thought to look back on what I was blogging about a year ago and what was going on in my life at the time. Very cool idea, I might have to try it out for July. :)

    I love the picture of you and Ian recreating American Gothic, haha. It's pretty awesome!

    xo. Mandy
    www.missindieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP, has it been a year since that "Things I Don't Understand" post already?! Time totally flies! I'm very glad that I left that comment and that you weren't the type of person to be like "NO ONE CAN CHALLENGE MEEEEE," and instead we became good friends. I am super thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA. I love the American Gothic recreation, but the mountie photo is my favourite photo of you two ever. These were the first times I ever used a DSLR camera!

    ReplyDelete