Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Big gay parade


On Friday night, Ian, myself and two pals drove to Edmonton for the annual pride festival, where we represented Jasper in the parade. Now, this was my first pride parade, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew there would be rainbows. I knew there would be gay people and I knew there would be drag queens, but let me tell you what I didn't know. I didn't know there would be SEXY men in their underwear just prancing around the streets, letting their sweaty muscly chests hang out for all to see.

And, what was a girl to do, but look until her little heart was pounding out of her chest? I guess I could have touched, but that might  have sent me into convulsions. Like when I saw Mr. Gay Canada!



We made friends. In fact, he even gave me his card with his personal phone number on it! Baller status right here.


Oh yeah, did I mention Ian was there? Ha! He's pretty cute too, right? Although I think he was wearing far too many clothes for the occasion!



And this is us with all of our bros at the Jasper Pride Weekend booth. I spent a good amount of time there chatting up the city folk, telling them to come visit us in Jasper for our annual pride event in April. All in all, it was a pretty successful weekend. Half naked men, Mr. Gay Canada, drag queens in AMAZING costumes, bears in leather, a whole lot of love and excitement, and a random astronaut guy, who could ask for a better combination?

Have you ever been to a pride parade?

5 comments:

  1. I am still sad that I missed you! It looks like you had a blast.

    Were there any sexy bearded men there? Y'know...for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pride parades are so much fun! I went to my first one last year and took so many pictures I had to buy a new memory card (thankfully I was standing out front of a camera shop). And my second one will be at the end of them month! Super excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a pride parade, but this looks like a blast! And um hot shirtless men. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I've never witnessed a pride parade but I did bump into a parade of nude cyclists the other day downtown and it certainly made me stop in my tracks! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gay pride yay pride! Yes, I've been to a handful of pride parades. Not lately because it's an ENTIRELY different world here in San Francisco than it was back in Phoenix, but that might have to change. :)

    Thank you for being so damn awesome and supporting equality. <3

    ReplyDelete