Monday, June 24, 2013

Bro-ing out with a sister blogger

Before I begin, can we please all take a moment to bask in the golden glory of Lisa's fresh-from-Mexico legs? Take them in, won't you? They're freakin' spectacular.

In other news, as you can see, my girl Lisa from NotLadylike was here for some quality bro time this weekend. It was her first time making a trip out to Jasper to visit me (usually I head to Edmonton because that's where the Value Villages are), so we made sure to do it up right. We went to Maligne Lake, Maligne Canyon and Mount Edith Cavell. We drank moijitos with fresh mint from my garden. We made fun of dumb tourists who didn't know what to do when they encountered wildlife. (No joke, people parked without even pulling off to the side of the road and got out of their vehicles to approach bears. Not just any bears, either—mother bears with cubs. Ah tourists. So brilliant!) We stayed up until 3:30 a.m. eating cold pizza and talking on the floor. Oh and this happened:


Yup, all in all, we had a pretty great visit. It's just too bad that it was only a couple of days. There's so much more to see and do in Jasper and I'm sure there was plenty more girl talk to be had as well. I guess that will have to wait until next time. How was your weekend? Did you have any visitors?

Just a wee reminder that there's a $50 Shabby Apple gift card up for grabs on the ol' blog.
So, don't forget to check out the not too 'shabby' giveaway and enter to win.

6 comments:

  1. I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! I fell asleep with Dude when I was putting him to bed AND I slept in this morning. You know the weekend was good when you need a couple of days recuperation.

    Thanks for being the bestest best tour guide a girl could hope for!

    I forgot to take a mint plant.

    And yes. I do have spectacular legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha.. legs!! That's awesome, glad you gals had a hoot! ;o)
      xx
      mel
      needle and nest

      Delete
  2. Aww it looks like you guys had such a great time! Yay for fun times with vistors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat that you got to hang out! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great post. Jasper Accommodation provides services for bed and Breakfast.for more info visit:http://www.jasper-bedandbreakfast.com/

    ReplyDelete