Thursday, June 27, 2013

LOTM: BBQ recipes


Are you shaking your head, thinking 'What the heck, Nicole? You already posted today! What are you doing spamming my feed with MORE Gypsy in Jasper!?'

Please let me explain before you run off in frustration. You see, the Ladies of the Mountains schedule got a little wonky awhile back so now we're on the same days as What to Wear, so rather than choosing one or the other, I've chosen to do both! I hope you enjoy this double whammy today, and if not, feel free to berate me in the comments. Anyway, back to the purpose of this post. This week we're talking about our favourite BBQ or camping recipes. For me, it's definitely a delicious homemade burger. There is honestly nothing better than a big thick patty full of garlic and onion thrown on the grill. Om nom nom!



As the lady who generally steers clear of actually cooking on the grill, either on the patio or the fire pit, I can't give many pointers. All I can say is the more garlic and onion the better and NEVER skimp on the cheese. Oh! And be adventurous with cheese. Burgers with brie are my FAVOURITE thing in the world. I also dig guacemole and grilled red peppers as additions. And lots of pickles. Oh, and it doesn't hurt if it's all topped off with homemade Big Mac sauce (mayo, thousand island dressing, relish, paprika and garlic powder). YUM! Basically, GO NUTS and be creative. There is nothing worse than going to a backyard BBQ or out camping and eating those cardboard-style store bought burgers with nothing but ketchup and mustard. A burger needs to be juicy and full of extra toppings that run down your hands as you eat it. It's summer, after all—you'll work those extra calories off while you're hiking, biking, camping and exploring. There's no reason to hold back. Indulge!

Check out what the other Ladies of the Mountains 
chose for their favourite BBQ and camping recipes:

Gentri of Gentri Lee
Kelley of A Crooked Trail
Lena of Musings
Meagan of The Egg Out West
Michelle of On The Adventure
And guest blogger Twiggy of The Dirt Life


Tomorrow's the last day to enter the not too 'shabby' giveaway.
There's a $50 Shabby Apple gift card up for grabs. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That burger looks amazing! I totally agree with you. Homemade is the best way to have a burger. I don't think I ever season mine the same way. Always makes for a surprise taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got two hours before I get to eat my meat-free lunch, and now I am craving a burger. Specifically, a burger the size of my head. Thanks Nicole...geeze...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you posted twice today, by the way. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, you can spam my feed as much as you want with yummy stuff like this)))

    ReplyDelete