Thursday, June 13, 2013

What to Wear: on an ice cream date



It's What to Wear time and this week we're dressing for an ice cream date. I had every intention of going on a real date with Ian for this photoshoot, but the cards didn't fall into place, so I quickly took a few photos last night. I realized after the fact that had I worn a white tank top, I could have been neapolitan ice cream. Yum! (I'm definitely doing that next time I throw this outfit on.)

I just bought this top while we were in Edmonton. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I'm actually really loving it now. I've decided a tied top is pretty darn cute. As are polka dots!

From top to bottom:
Sweater: Army and Navy
Shirt: Winners
Tank top: Bluenotes
Pants: American Eagle



I picked this outfit for an ice cream date because it's cute and put together (in my humble opinion), but it's also casual. I can definitely see myself wearing this while walking around town with a delicious ice cream cone filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream. (Oh man! I might need to fulfill the craving today. That just sounds far too good.)

What would you wear for an ice cream date?

7 comments:

  1. Love the outfit, particularly the shirt! Looks super cute knotted in the front! I finally was on my game enough to link in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely adorable! I'm liking that shirt a ton. You're, right, though, next time go full Neapolitan. Do you actually like Neapolitan ice cream? I was never a fan, because of the strawberry, but my partner loves it. It's kind of hilarious because he gets super excited about having three different flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful outfit! I love the pink and the brown combo its really cute! =}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't get to get ice cream! But I love this outfit, and think it's definitely ice cream worthy. You should totally wear the white tank top with this again and go get a cone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shirt! You look perfect! I am hoping to go for an ice cream date tonight with at least ONE of my dude's and celebrate Russ' birthday (with or without him, but probably without). Hopefully someone will take my photo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have a look inspired by neapolitan ice cream! You know, I haven't had that since I was a kid at a birthday party... Love this shirt, glad you bought it :) It looks like it will be a summer staple. Hope you get some ice cream soon!

    ReplyDelete