Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A beautiful evening



I have a new friend in town who moved here a week ago and nearly every night since she arrived we've hung out. Last night was no exception. And since she's new, I've been making a point to show her things around Jasper. So yesterday evening, we walked from town, across the train tracks and through the trees to the Athabasca River and then up a steep hill to the top of Old Fort Point.

Old Fort Point is generally the first thing people climb when they move to Jasper. It's a short climb close to town that gives you amazing views of three valleys, mountain vistas and plenty of lakes and rivers. I hadn't been up there since last summer, so it was nice to make the trek and take in the views, especially as the sun made it's way down behind the mountain peaks.

9 comments:

  1. Stunning photos. Lakes and mountains always get my heart soaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the most beautiful view I've ever seen (even better than the highest point in Athens, Greece). Really lady. Stunning! You are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good little walk, isn't it. I was inspired by your field of flowers photo when I went Orienteering last night, but I don't think my photos turned out near as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My god, you live in a gorgeous place!!!

    ReplyDelete