Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Basking in summer sunshine


For the first time this year, temperatures soared this weekend and it got straight up HOT. So hot, in fact, that wearing any clothes at all was uncomfortable. Of course I did wear clothes, though, as it would be socially unacceptable not to. But let me tell you, I would have been more than happy to run around nude if I wasn't surrounded by my siblings and nephews.

As I mentioned yesterday, we were in Vancouver for the weekend celebrating my brother's 30th birthday (which is today). We ended up celebrating with some park time with the boys (holy do they ever have a lot of energy!!), a visit to the swimming pool (it had a big water slide!!), a silly photoshoot (I'll show you that tomorrow), cake (black forest and strawberry shortcake!), sushi (om nom nom), craft time and some frisbee.

It's not often that I get to see my brother, sister or nephews, so I tried to relish every moment of the visit. It was so good to all be together in one place. The boys (Isaiah, 5, and Eligh, 4) were loving all the adult attention they were getting. If one grown up got worn out, they'd just move on to the next one. It felt a bit like playing a game of duck-duck-goose all weekend long.

How was your weekend? Did you get slammed by the heat?

4 comments:

  1. My weekend was pretty good :) I despise the heat, but I still enjoyed my time with my puppy and cat, lol

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It's been 100+ all last week in Dallas. Having the cold front come through and giving us temps in the 80s was a nice relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fun fun! Um, actually it was wonderfully COOL here... overcast, breezy.. and I was totally wearing a SWEATER even - so I was in heaven!! ;o)
    Glad you got some fam-jam time in there, we did lots of that scene here too.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been unusally hot in Washington. I've been loving it, getting to read out in the sun is great. I'm a total warm weather girl!

    ReplyDelete