Friday, July 26, 2013

Best purchase, ever: folding kayak

While I was in Vancouver for Canada Day long weekend, my girlfriend Mishelle picked us up two folding kayaks. She found them on Kijiji and convinced me we HAD to have them. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and I wasn't sure if I was about to waste $300, but I handed Mishelle a wad of cash and hoped for the best. And, when I returned to Jasper a few days later, well, let me tell you, I was one happy little water-loving-paddler. This thing is SO RAD. I cannot say enough amazing things about my precious little boat. It folds in half, which means it fits beautifully in the back of our little Rav4 and I can maneuver it around all by myself—yay for a wheel on the front! I don't have to get a helper to put it on the roof rack. I don't have to have a helper to get it in or out of the vehicle. I can handle it all by my lonesome, which means I can pack up and go WHENEVER I WANT. Guys, whenever I want. Brilliant. Just plain old brilliant. And, I mean, just look at the gorgeous places that it's taking me! Life sure is mighty fine when you're out in the middle of a gorgeous lake.


Curious how it works? Well, here's a cute little video with some sweet reggae beats in the background. It will give you a good idea of what I'm working with.


Do you own a kayak?

13 comments:

  1. Yay! That is one sweet little kayak. And all the better that it helps you head out all on your own...Ian.....(wink!)

    SEE YOU TOMORROW! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!! I HAVE TO CLEAN MY HOUSE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such beautiful photos! Unbelievably beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i want one now! i wish i could go to the river and kayaking or hiking more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a must have for when we move closer to the ocean. I've wanted a kayak for SO long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty damn neat! If I'm ever in a place where owning a kayak would actually make sense, I'd probably go that way. Super awesome to not have to rely on someone else to go on a kayak adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww dude that's awesome!!! Sadly, I've never even been in a kayak :( Matthew and I have been wanting to get something like this for a long time now though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was meant to see this because I was seriously searching for a kayak. Someone had told me that I could find a cheap one for a few hundred dollars. It was a lie, so now I'm excited to search for a "folding kayak"! And these photos are gorgeous. I have yet to explore in calm waters like that. -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your kayak! It is such a great investment. Tom and I have one like it that fits both of us and it is so fun to take out on the lake! We are planning on taking it on our week long road trip to Banff National Park in Canada! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That is so amazing. I love boating in every format possible. It is also a seriously good deal for a kayak. Your part of the world looks so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huh, a folding kayak. I've never seen one of them before but they look awesome! I just bought a kayak and am going to try it out tomorrow-- super excited! It's awesome because it's a tiny thing at 8' and although I haven't tested it yet I'm pretty sure it will fit INSIDE my mazda, which is just nuts. Looking forward to reading more about your kayaking adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is pretty darn awesome - I've been wanting a kayak but I'm short so getting it on top of my car would be a circus act! Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live on Lake Michigan so we have a kayak but it is freaking HUGE. It's a two person and it's too heavy for me to take down or even paddle by myself :( I'm sure it's nice to have one that you can use just by yourself! xx

    Allie / callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
    Great used boat deals and prices.
    More here via link

    ReplyDelete