Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Festival fun



On Saturday, my friends and I piled into my car, drove an hour and spent the whole day soaking up the sun and the sounds of amazing bands at Wild Mountain Music Festival outside of Hinton, Alta. I wasn't sure what to expect from the festival, but I was so pleasantly surprised by the small number of people and the amazing quality of music. I danced and danced and danced all day long, got a sunburn, ate delicious festival food, drooled over attractive musicians and shared many belly laughs, and when I returned home at 2:30 a.m., my ears were ringing and my feet were black from barefoot dancing—two signs of a great festival.






By the time Sam Roberts Band came on, I had already put my camera away, so these shots are off my phone. It was pretty magical watching the band perform under the nearly full moon. All in all, it was a pretty great festival and now I'm super duper pumped for the Robson Valley Music Festival next month and the Jasper Folk Festival in September. Bring on the tunes!


Have you been to any festivals this year?

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. Unfortunately I haven't been to any festivals this year, and that kind of makes me sad. Lots of gigs though!

    ReplyDelete