Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pin-up styles

I hate swim suits. They never fit my body just-so. I always feel like my butt's hanging out or my chest is hanging out or my tummy's hanging out. Basically, I feel like I'm never covered enough. So, for the first time since childhood, I bought a one-piece. But not just any one-piece, I bought myself a glorious, vintage-style suit from Modcloth and, let me tell you, I couldn't be happier. For the first time in my adult life, I feel FABULOUS in a bathing suit. I don't worry about showing a little too much of this or that because the cut of this suit is perfection. It covers all my bits and, I think, even all covered up, I look hot. If nothing else, I feel hot. There's just something about these vintage pin-up suits that make you feel classy and gorgeous. I don't know what took me so long to jump on this bandwagon (oh, yeah... the cost!!), but now that I'm on it, I don't even feel bad about spending $100. To feel this good in my own skin, I'd pay $100 any day. OK, not any day. You caught me. I'm far too frugal for that, but I will say, when this suit wears out (I hope that day never comes!!), I will totally spend $100 to buy a new one.

Have you ever slipped into a vintage-style one-piece? Did you feel smashing?


In case you're wondering about the ridiculous pink flippy-floppies on my feet, let me explain. 
They're flippers and they're awesome. Enough said!

12 comments:

  1. I have such a broad shape and pretty curvy body, so vintage style suits are pretty much all I wear. I picked up this bad boy at JC Penney recently and absolutely love it.

    http://tinyurl.com/qzsgypu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same bathing suit in polka dots! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look soooooo fab here! I'm all for ladies reclaiming the glory of the vintage bathing suit.. I'd even go back further to the long legged blooomers! lol. I think classy is way hotter than 'all hanging out' any day. You rock it pal!
    I just slipped mine on for the first time in AGES to hit the beach with the kids... hello sunburn!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way in a suit! I won a swimsuit from Albion Fit If I knew it was going to be so supporting and cover well, would have saved up money for one myself! I LOVE vintage one pieces or high waisted bottoms. I was always eyeing Modcloth's swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Also I would kill for a beautiful clear swimming hole like that, looks like a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same suit and I LOVE it. These photos are really great- but duh, your photos are always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing in that suit! I haven't gone suit shopping in 5 years... since before I had my son. It seems like whenever I have the money to buy clothes or a suit, nothing looks right and I end up being so frustrated with the whole situation that I have a mini crying session in the fitting room before I return everything I've just tried on to the fitting room attendant. So it's been a while since I've gotten anything new lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your classy suit-you look fantastic! And where did you get your ridiculous pink flippy floppy flippers!?! I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so super cute!
    I understand hating swim suits. It's been my least-favorite thing to shop for for as long as I can remember, but your cute one-piece has me maybe thinking I should try that style? Also, those flippers look so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my new one piece! Mine is actually from Target and was a fraction of the cost.. that's exactly why I didn't jump on the bandwagon either. I love mine soooo much though! You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. look at how clear that water is, what a beautiful lake! That vintage inspired bathing suite is super cute :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg where did you find these shoes?! Want!!))

    ReplyDelete