Monday, July 8, 2013

Roller derbyyyyy!

On Saturday night, I watched a bunch of tough chicks kick the crap out of each other and it couldn't have been more awesome. Aside from Whip It, I had never seen roller derby before, so it was completely amazing. My mind was blown. These ladies are TOUGH. Holy man. If there was any doubt in my mind before, now I know I'm NOT cut out for this sport. The ladies take a full blown beating. By the end they must have been just covered in bruises. I have mad respect for these rough and tumble chickas.




Have you ever been to a roller derby bout?

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love Whip It and I would love to go to a roller derby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but would love to see the non-movie version! Maybe on my next trip to Austin...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love derby! The first time I went to one made me want to do it, just so I could beat some people up, but I know I'm not tough enough. Dude, a girl broke a bone in her leg while we were there; no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude, i have never seen this in person but i can only imagine how tough those girls are!! i absolutely could not hang if i tried haha. so much respect for those women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome you went to a bout. i love being an NSO for my local roller derby team - practice again tomorrow night! no way i'd be cut out to be a skater- especially with my insanely retarded knees and surgeries i've had.. but being part of it is awesome =)

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! I haven't been to one in a few years, I used to go see the girls in Ottawa all the time :)

    ReplyDelete