Friday, August 16, 2013

I'm on a boat!


Is there anything better than getting out on a boat with your friends and a cooler full of delicious snacks and beverages? After my adventure last weekend, I'd have to say such an evening is up there with the best of them. You see, my girlfriend Courtney, the gorgeous blonde up there, just moved to town with her boyfriend Brad and Brad has a lovely little boat that used to belong to his grandfather. So last Sunday, after a scrumptious brunch and some shopping, we put on our bathing suits and hit the lake for some putting around and some swimming. It was such a gorgeous evening for it. We watched the sun make its way lower and lower in the sky before tucking itself behind the mountains. The air was warm. The water was cool. The bugs stayed away and the company was fabulous. It's days like these that I'll miss when summer turns to fall.

Oh yeah! Did you notice my new hat? I bought it that same afternoon. The girls and I all decided we wanted to go hat shopping and I was the only one to successfully find one. This baby is going to be in heavy rotation for the next few weeks, while the warm weather is still kicking around.



What are you going to miss about summer?

2 comments:

  1. Boat adventures are the best! And your new hat is absolutely adorable, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love the hat on you! This post is so lovely all around, so glad you shared your adventure because now I MUST find a boat! lol

    <3 Meg
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete