Monday, August 19, 2013

Warm nights






After a long day at the office, sometimes it's tempting to just go home and cozy up on the couch for a marathon of TV watching. But as summer winds down, I'm forbidding myself from such lazy behaviour because, goodness knows, these warm nights won't last forever. In fact, they're already on their way out. The days are getting shorter and the warmth of the day is dissipating earlier and earlier. Fall is certainly on its way. So, to make the best of these last weeks of summer, I vow to sink my toes into the sand, eat picnics outside, swim in cold lakes and bask in the evening glow.

How will you spend the last days of summer?

5 comments:

  1. Lots of backyard time. Lots of BBQ, and trips to the park, and running, and patios!

    I had a lovely breakfast on Saturday. Thanks for joining us! I hope you had a good time at your music festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Not all of us have cool lakes for such toe dipping experiences. I do have parks and picnics though and bbqs can happen even in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im the opposite im watching lots of tv , cause its still dark when I get home from work. Your images are beautiful and I cant wait for warmer weather so I can come out of my cocoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely agree! I'm trying to fit in as much as I can in these last summer days! For some reason, this year summer seemed shorter and it passed by faster... It's hard to be waiting for this season to come and then see it go so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's something about toes in the sand that's just so comforting. :)

    ReplyDelete