Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's mushroom season!


You may recall from last fall that I am a huge fan of mushrooms and that my fascination was passed on by Ian who has a passionate love for photographing fungus, moss and mushrooms.

If you do remember all of that, then you're likely well aware that finding the first mushrooms of the season was an incredibly exciting discovery for me. I found these guys a couple weeks back after paddling out on Moose Lake. It was the perfect night for our adventure. The air was warm, the sky was clear and the water was calm. We paddled across the lake in an attempt to find a waterfall that you can see from the highway. When we got to its base, we realized it would take a good amount of bushwhacking to see much of anything, so we piled out of our kayaks and hit the forest... and these beauties were what I discovered!




To see more mushroom photos (ones taken with a real camera, not a cellphone), check out my posts from last season.... oh, and be prepared for MANY more mushroom photos before the snow falls. I'll be on the hunt for these little beauties in the coming weeks!

Mushrooms: 1 // 2 // 3

6 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms too!
    Here are some French ones I took last year: http://www.midnightcaramel.com/2013/01/mushroom-land.html

    :)

    I checked out your other mushroom posts too, loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mushroom pictures. Thanks for letting me see that mushrooms are so beautiful. They're so tiny, my camera can't capture them too closely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Love the white one! Is that fungus growing on a fungus...??

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some interesting mushrooms! I miss that about living in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Can't wait to see more :)

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete