Thursday, September 19, 2013

What to Wear: to a bookstore



I know, I know. This isn't what to wear while reading—FYI: if it were, you'd be getting photos of me in PJs—but Jasper doesn't have bookstore. (Isn't that complete and utter madness?!) So the best I could do was show you what to wear when there isn't a bookstore in sight, it's fall and you're in the midst of reading a Margaret Atwood novel. How's that for a prompt!?


This outfit is inspired by the colour pink, a colour I used to loathe, but have slowly come to embrace. In fact, I'm quite in love with this top and I'm finding it fun to transition it from summer into fall.

From head to toe: 
Earrings: Value Village
Shirt: Winners
Cardigan: Walmart
Jeans: American Eagle
Shoes: Value Village!!!

How great are these shoes, ladies!? Are they not just the cutest? I am in mad love with them, although they REEK from being worn the entire weekend at the Robson Valley Music Festival. Whoops. Who knew dancing would cause sweaty feet and who knew sweaty feet mixed with puddles and mud and all kinds of moisture would result in the smelliest shoes on the planet. Hmm.. come to think of it, I probably knew that, but I just couldn't resist wearing them for three days straight.

Anyway enough about my smelly feet. Do you have the perfect outfit to wear to a bookstore? Why not link up with us today? We'd be happy to have you and even more excited to see the outfit you've put together.

If you can't make it this week, then why not join us in two weeks when we show the world how to wear polka dots! (Oops, I probably should have read ahead. I hope I have another polka dot shirt hiding in my closet somewhere!!)

What's your go-to book shopping get-up?

15 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, especially those shoes. Our little town doesn't have a bookstore either, blasphemy I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes ARE amazing and I love them! And that first photo of you is amazing. I can't even believe how beautiful it is there. I would love to sit there and read with you. With a thermos of tea and some cookies. :) Have a lovely day, sweets. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great outfit for a bookstore (or what to wear reading outside too. Who doesn't love to do that?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweater-top combo. Love your reading backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is just adorable! I love the mix of the dots and stripes.
    Where I live there also really isn't a book store, but there are loads of libraries which I guess could fall under the same category.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, you are too funny; you and your smelly feet. :) I so cannot wear shoes without socks and not come out a smelly mess. It totally looks the cutest, but I don't get how people do it. Maybe everyone just has smelly feet, and no one talks about it...hmmm... beautiful outfit, and scenery; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, no bookstore? That makes me feel so depressed and claustrophobic! I remember thinking that I could never live in a place that didn't have access to at least one, and I'm someone who's pretty fond of small towns! It's a good thing you live in an absolutely gorgeous place :-) Your outfit definitely looks like a perfect one for a bookstore run, stinky shoes and all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your spots and stripes combination. I tend to buy most books second hand in charity shops instead of specific book shops.
    I too get smelly, smelly feet/shoes when I don't wear socks, it's a bit unfortunate
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cardigan. Put on a pair of socks girl. They sell tiny ones now for shoes just like this. I keep them tucked into the shoes that require them, and so avoid the sweaty feet. Geeze man... ;)

    I am also wearing polka dots today...two kinds!

    I'm glad you are enjoying this book. Ever read The Edible Woman I gave you?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! How's the book? I've had it for a couple years but haven't gotten around to reading it, even though I've loved some of Atwood's other work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember when I first discovered that Jasper doesn't have a bookstore. A wave of panic ACTUALLY rocked my body. I told myself I would have to make do with that few shelves in the Maligne Lake store on Patricia St. that turns into something else for 6 months of the year, and that one corner in Barefoot in the Park.

    BOY DO I LOVE LIVING IN THE LAND OF CHAPTERS!!!

    I want to do a What-to-wear post! But I don't have anything polka-dotted, except for that wicked dress you gave me, but it is now too cold here for that. So I will wait until the next one.

    Also, Margaret Atwood is a beast, in the best possible way.

    That is all.

    Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures are too cute, and it's a good think you gave pink a second chance, because it look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your pictures!! Can't believe Jasper doesn't have a bookstore!! What a shame!! Are you coming up to Calgary for the Margaret Atwood event??? Is her books any book? I have never read them but since she's coming to Calgary I do debate on picking a few up and meeting her in person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always nice to find a fellow Albertan blogger :) you have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a cute outfit, you look so pretty! and love the photos, what a great backdrop to have :)
    Thanks for linking up to Passion for Fashion, hope you'll join us again tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete