Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Spaghetti and meatball pizza


Ian's all about experimenting in the kitchen. If you've been around these parts long, that won't be a surprise. In the past I've shown you our homemade Double Downs, homemade Big Macs, homemade pretzels, feta and spinach stuffed burgers, chicken and waffles, bacon-wrapped stuffed chicken... I could go on and on, but instead I will share with you his latest creation: the spaghetti and meatball pizza.

The idea came from our friend Matt (pictured above while savouring a slice). He was over for dinner—cheeseburger pizza, complete with pickles, lettuce, tomato and a ketchup and mustard sauce—when he shared with us his dream of making a spaghetti and meatball pizza. Ian's immediate reaction was, "Let's do it!" So on Sunday afternoon, Matt came over and the boys spent the entire day in the kitchen, and the result was likely the most amazing pizza ever made.

I mean, listen to these stats: homemade garlic bread crust, homemade tomato sauce, homemade meatballs, spaghetti and mozzarella. That my friends is an amazing meal.





The proud parents of an amazing Italian lovechild... and a creeper at the back.

Do you ever get creative in the kitchen? What's something delicious that you've made lately?

9 comments:

  1. #1. There is so much gluten going on in these photos I think I just gained a pound.
    #2. Also, CHEESE!
    #3. I love how in that last picture, it looks like Ian has two little horns. And is possibly wearing a yarmulka?! What an adorable creeper.

    Miss you too...xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to eat this right now. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks heavenly! I must try something like this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maaaaaaaaaan I am so jealous of your pizza. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am following you blog! you are doing good work! keep posting.
    Rating Therapist

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha, this is so great! i love making weird combos with pizzas! this is so creative!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious :) You're so good at capturing good times with your friends, it's fun to see!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just makes me so so so hungry!

    ReplyDelete